Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Courtesy Vehicle Roof Repair

Just out of interest, how did the job turn out, we have front and back corrosion on roof and front panel and just wondering whether it's worth it, it's hardly noticeable, hearing all the things on here re sealant etc it's worrying it will come back worse. Plus we really don't get on with our dealer the same as above, they never return calls and I'm always chasing them about other issues! Do I cancel?
Mine is perfect, absolutely no complaints, get it done, who is your dealer?

Just out of interest, how did the job turn out, we have front and back corrosion on roof and front panel and just wondering whether it's worth it, it's hardly noticeable, hearing all the things on here re sealant etc it's worrying it will come back worse. Plus we really don't get on with our dealer the same as above, they never return calls and I'm always chasing them about other issues! Do I cancel?
Mine is going back in a week today. I’ll let you know what happens.

I stopped using Coventry some time ago because of similar experiences. Started using Stratford instead. However the last few trips to there haven’t been great. It was due for a service with them in August and because they didn’t return my phone calls I took it to a local garage instead.

It went to Coventry this time as they seemed more clued up about the roof corrosion issue.
I have been dealing with a guy in service called Mark and he has been absolutely brilliant. Phones back, keep me informed of what’s going on. If only all their service people were like this guy.

I still don’t have the vehicle back. Hopefully this week. Fingers crossed it turns out right.
More than welcome to have a look once it’s back, seen as your round the corner .

Thanks for responses we are booked in on Monday! Mark is one if them I have been dealing with, he's promised to keep in touch re second corrosion found on van to see if could be done at same time, not heard from him for months!! Perhaps we may have to re book in

Thanks for responses we are booked in on Monday! Mark is one if them I have been dealing with, he's promised to keep in touch re second corrosion found on van to see if could be done at same time, not heard from him for months!! Perhaps we may have to re book in

I had to remind them nearer the time. They don’t do the work, it’s shipped out to a third party. The dealership is kind of middle man for Volkswagen HQ, so therefore nothing in the dealership diary. Again, poor customer services by Volkswagen.

To be fair to the dealership this isn’t there issue and I doubt they make much in the whole process.
However Mark has been helpful, by chasing the body shop etc.
I hope to get mine back this week. It’s 6/7 weeks friday. Not very happy

I had to remind them nearer the time. They don’t do the work, it’s shipped out to a third party. The dealership is kind of middle man for Volkswagen HQ, so therefore nothing in the dealership diary. Again, poor customer services by Volkswagen.

To be fair to the dealership this isn’t there issue and I doubt they make much in the whole process.
That is a ridiculous amount of time for a repair. Having said that, mine was in for seventeen days in August and it's going back in next Monday! Crazy!

I've been given a Sharan? Not complaining though.

Coventry vc have a paintshop off site that belongs to their group.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Coventry vc have a paintshop off site that belongs to their group.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

True
But Volkswagen have set up third party companies to carry out the repairs.
I have heard the dealership owned workshops don’t have the man power or time to cover the roof corrosion jobs.

Ours is in at CSA nationwide gladwins Swavesey Cambridgeshire anybody any experience with them,

Ours is in at CSA nationwide gladwins Swavesey Cambridgeshire anybody any experience with them,

Can’t remember which one it’s gone to, but it’s a Nationwide body shop

That is a ridiculous amount of time for a repair. Having said that, mine was in for seventeen days in August and it's going back in next Monday! Crazy!

No van today.
Now saying Monday.
Phoned VWCS and vented some frustration. They come back with it will be ready the next Wednesday.
WTF...!!!

To say I’m angry is an understatement.
But where do I go from here...?
Aparently they are going to escalate my complaint. I should await for a phone call in the next 24/48 hrs

Let’s see

No van today.
Now saying Monday.
Phoned VWCS and vented some frustration. They come back with it will be ready the next Wednesday.
WTF...!!!

To say I’m angry is an understatement.
But where do I go from here...?
Aparently they are going to escalate my complaint. I should await for a phone call in the next 24/48 hrs

Let’s see
That is unbelievably bad service. The problem is, as you say, that the dealer is stuck in the middle and has no real control over the situation.
VW will get back to you with a Case Reference Number and it will probably be picked up by someone at VW Commercial Vehicles. (Tel 0114 450 3408); email customercare@vwcv.co.uk). Anila is dealing with my case and she has been very good.
Compensation is not easy either because responsibility becomes a grey area once the work is farmed out and things go wrong. Our contract is obviously with VW but they advise that "goodwill" is negotiated through the dealer who is acting as an intermediary and didn't even sell the van.
It's not easy but insist on everything in writing and keep a careful record.

To think I was looking at buying another this weekend from Volkswagen.
This is given me some serious doubts and perhaps I need to look at the conversion world again:(

To think I was looking at buying another this weekend from Volkswagen.
This is given me some serious doubts and perhaps I need to look at the conversion world again:(
Despite the frustrations I still love my van and have no regrets. After keeping our first one for two years we went to the NEC Show with a view to buying a conversion. After looking at a vast array of conversions we opted to get another Cali in 2015. Whether or not we keep this one will be determined largely by the outcome of the repairs over the next couple of weeks.

Back