Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coventry - Listers

David Eccles

David Eccles

VIP Member
Picked up our Cali from them yesterday.
Top class customer service and especially from Justin whop spent 2 hours going thru all the usage advice. Good to have a dealership nearby totally geared up to Cali not just commercials.
Would highly recommend them to anyone.

I was just going to post a Dealer review and you beat me to it. If you had the Berghaus from them you beat me to that also!!!

We called in to discuss/look at the Fourmotion with Justin. After a bit of imformative chat we went to look at brokerage and sourced a Berghaus via VW + Peterborough, Cooks I think. Justin was very helpful and recognised I had done homework via here and vwcalifornia.com and the used vw network.

We pick ours up in a couple of weeks.

no not the Berghaus...ours is an Olympian Blue SE 140ps with a few extra goodies like leather / alcantara, 5th seat, Ipod dock/media interface, parking sensors, towbar, pull out awning etc which we were able to order ...you may even have seen in it the parking lot!
The hand over was dealt with exceptionally well

OK. Justin did say he had a hand over booked for 2pm. I imagine yours was in the dry at that point!

If you don't mind....what else was offered during the hand over in terms of future service etc? Nothing was discussed during purchase but as we have experienced in the past aftersales deals tend to be pushed at pick up.

OK...
We picked up our Cali Berghaus 180 http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/20/volkswagen-teams-up-with-berghaus-on-special-edition-california/ (Not ours but you get the idea)last Thursday. Handover seemed to take ages and seemed mostly related to the px. It was wet so we perhaps didn't go into stuff as thoroughly as we could. I trust the dealership so several aspects weren't fully checked. Getting back for w*rk also meant that we didn't really have a good look at it till this weekend.
We drove up to Liverpool and back dropping our daughter back to Uni. Great drive and loads of space. On Sunday we were able to give it a more thorough check; everything that we could check worked. The only downside was the living space wasn't as clean as we had expected given it was supposed to have been valeted. Interior glass looked like the last clean was done by a German; winter sun certainly highlights mucky windows!! The worksurfaces and drawers were dusty and "bitty". not something we had expected on a £44K vehicle. We have previously taken over used caravans and they were always spotless. I have fed this back to Listers who have apologised.
We won't really get to check the gas and electrics till we first use it proper in March.

all I can say is our was SPOTLESS. but maybe having the paint and fabric protection done meant a lot longer was spent on it?
Have to go back this week though as the blimmin vanity light in the sunvisor is playing up and deciding when to work for itself grrrr

David Eccles said:
Have to go back this week though as the blimmin vanity light in the sunvisor is playing up and deciding when to work for itself grrrr

Mine does that, light stays on even with mirror closed !

My cali was in Listers van centre Coventry for warranty work recently.
Impressed with their service & highly recommend them. They pre-ordered parts for my cali the week before it went in.
Master Tech who does California work came out & looked at the faults on my cali with me when I took it in.
Cali was clean inside when I collected it .

So I am a happy camper.

Hi,

Picked up Taglish (SE 180 DSG) yesterday from VW Coventry and we had absolutely zero issues. Justin who takes care of all Cali sales was extremely helpful pointing out potential pitfalls in the Cali and instructing my wife on I on various aspects within our new baby.
Recommended

Mike

Original Review From @rpevans99

Sophie and Matt were very good to deal with.

We purchased our Cali in August 2017, a preregistered 150bhp 2017 Ocean, Acapulco blue,with some nice extras. We were disappointed in the service. On going to collect the vehicle they told us to be there for a certain time and day. We don’t live in Coventry so we had a journey of some 2 hours to get there. We arrived to be told that the vehicle was not ready and that it would not be ready until the following day. After some delay we were told that we could collect it , but it would not be fully prepped, as in clean. On arrival the hand over was quite strange in that there were three people showing us the Cali and all it’s various functions.
They attempted to sell us the protection package for the upholstery and body work. Initially starting off at six hundred pounds (ha ha ha ha ha) and then after we were not biting they reduced it to three hundred pounds (ha ha ha). Needless to say we didn’t fall for their sales ploys. After purchase we took the van to the detailing detectives who were fantastic in protecting the paint work and interior for a much motor competitive price.
On our return home, after a four hour handover and lots of messing around we discovered that we had a very large scratch down the rear wardrobe door which they had managed to conceal by having the door retracted during our inspection. They had also done a good job of standing in front of the passenger door to hide a bad bodge job, on a scratch, on the coach line. We were disappointed to say the least having handed over a very large amount of money.
We reported the door and were passed from pillar to post for ten weeks trying to get a resolution. We eventually threatened Listers with trading standards and they came up with the new door. I didn’t mention the passenger door problem as I couldn’t bear the hassle.
They wanted to take the van in for a whole day to refit the door at much inconvenience to us, so we decided to fit the door ourselves. This took us all of five minutes. Our daughter collected the new door as she works in Coventry and on the day of collection they said they dint know anything about it. (Oh Lordy ,Lordy, Lordy)
The whole process was akin to pulling teeth.
I cannot recommend purchasing from Listers of Coventry. Communication and after service is very poor.
Our purchase was managed by Matt and Sophie. Sophie was very eager to ensure our purchase was a positive experience, but I’m afraid it was marred by the lack of action from those above her, namely Matt and his apparent lack of motivation in securing a prompt resolution to a simple problem.
Saying all this we love our Cali (Demelza) scratched door or otherwise. All I can say is be aware of the hype and be more thorough in your inspection of the vehicle when collecting it. On hindsight we should have driven it around the corner and done a more thorough inspection without the presence of the three people who were showing us around the vehicle attempting to hide the defects from our line of vision. Sorry it’s a long one folks. Happy hunting. Over and out.
Spider-Man’s wife.

I bought my Cali from Listers in Coventry. All I can say is it is a pity Justin did not serve me, as it was not such a positive experience for me. I had been reading the forum for while so had some knowledge but the sales person did not know anything about the vehicle in fact it was embarrassing. Vw asked for feedback which I gave them. I then had a call from one of the managers who said he would put the issue right. I then heard nothing from them again. It’s a shame as I have bought a few vehicles from them in the past, but would rather now drive further afield for competent service even though I only live about eight miles from them. Hope you are reading this listers so the next person does not have to give you a poor review although from my experience you probably will not care

I bought my Cali from Listers in Coventry. All I can say is it is a pity Justin did not serve me, as it was not such a positive experience for me. I had been reading the forum for while so had some knowledge but the sales person did not know anything about the vehicle in fact it was embarrassing. Vw asked for feedback which I gave them. I then had a call from one of the managers who said he would put the issue right. I then heard nothing from them again. It’s a shame as I have bought a few vehicles from them in the past, but would rather now drive further afield for competent service even though I only live about eight miles from them. Hope you are reading this listers so the next person does not have to give you a poor review although from my experience you probably will not care
I hope they are Gez as I may be that next person, collecting in a couple of weeks time

Bill I hope it goes well for you. And you have great times ahead in your Cali.

I hope they are Gez as I may be that next person, collecting in a couple of weeks time

Bill,

Make sure that you download the handover sheet from the club VIP area and take it with you.

We have had a very positive experience purchasing an ex-demo Cali Ocean from Listers. Justin, their Cali expert, has guided us through the process in a very friendly way, with no hard-sell. I have been very impressed so far.

Last edited:
OK...
We picked up our Cali Berghaus 180 http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/20/volkswagen-teams-up-with-berghaus-on-special-edition-california/ (Not ours but you get the idea)last Thursday. Handover seemed to take ages and seemed mostly related to the px. It was wet so we perhaps didn't go into stuff as thoroughly as we could. I trust the dealership so several aspects weren't fully checked. Getting back for w*rk also meant that we didn't really have a good look at it till this weekend.
We drove up to Liverpool and back dropping our daughter back to Uni. Great drive and loads of space. On Sunday we were able to give it a more thorough check; everything that we could check worked. The only downside was the living space wasn't as clean as we had expected given it was supposed to have been valeted. Interior glass looked like the last clean was done by a German; winter sun certainly highlights mucky windows!! The worksurfaces and drawers were dusty and "bitty". not something we had expected on a £44K vehicle. We have previously taken over used caravans and they were always spotless. I have fed this back to Listers who have apologised.
We won't really get to check the gas and electrics till we first use it proper in March.

Don't Germans know how to clean glass ? I assume you mean when built at the factory ;) If you want to check the gas and electrics do it at home or drive out to a nice picnic spot for the afternoon.

We have had a very positive experience purchasing an ex-demo Cali Ocean from Listers. Justin, their Cali expert, has guided us through the process in a very friendly way, with no hard-sell. I have been very impressed so far.
Intrigued to know why two people have disagreed with my post about my positive experience so far of Listers and their salesperson Justin. Do they disagree that this was my experience or do they disagree that Listers give good service - if the latter why not post your own experiences instead?

Well sorry to say Ive been having a poor experience trying to get my warranty repair sorted that was logged in April. They dont reply to calls or emails.

I rate Justin very highly as the sales guy but the place isn't very customer focused once you've bought something.