Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

• Next Club Meet:
    Slimbridge in Gloucestershire on 17th-19th May (last few pitches remaining) More Details Here

Cowfold - SMG

Eileen

Eileen

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We have used SMG several times and receive 10% on servicing and accessories. The staff are always very pleasant and seem to take care of club members.

johnyboy

johnyboy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
The guys had my Cali for 2 days to a) fix the tap I broke diagnosing the b) new water pump fitted and c) why the heater was not working.

1 & 2 were completed within an hour and 3 was investigated, heater started working again and no charge as they didn't think they had "fixed" anything.

A breath of fresh air compared to my previous VW experiences - a most friendly welcome, a friendly return despite me being 5 after 5:30 and most folks would want to get home as quick as possible.

Well done guys, I will be back :thumb:cheers

leightonjthomas

leightonjthomas

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
The guys had my Cali for 2 days to a) fix the tap I broke diagnosing the b) new water pump fitted and c) why the heater was not working.

1 & 2 were completed within an hour and 3 was investigated, heater started working again and no charge as they didn't think they had "fixed" anything.

A breath of fresh air compared to my previous VW experiences - a most friendly welcome, a friendly return despite me being 5 after 5:30 and most folks would want to get home as quick as possible.

Well done guys, I will be back :thumb:cheers
Glad you had good service there. My own experiences, based on several visits there, were the total opposite , but hey, c'est la vie!

AlisonF

AlisonF

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
A bit late posting as I ordered my bike rack for the T6 way back in February. I was advised through the forum to try SMG Cowfold and Steve Mann took my order. He wasn't happy with the packaging on the one they had in so ordered another one which arrived with them overnight and then after being checked was sent on to me.
I couldn't fault the service, in fact I'd go as far as to say he went the extra mile to ensure I had the bike rack delivered before my first service so I could get it fitted.
And for those that say it's ugly, I haven't noticed it being ugly at all. Maybe that says more about me than the bike rack, I don't know.
Sorry for the late posting - been slightly pre-occupied with the furry beasts.

Tanya Gander

Tanya Gander

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Just had great service at SMG Cowfold. My Cali was relayed to them on Tuesday last week due to auxiliary belt failing, which took out power steering. They booked it in for today, a week later, as they were already fully booked.

However I had a call yesterday morning at 9am to say it was ready. They also fixed the recliner dial on the passenger seat for me.

Great service, no problem in going back and recommending them to others.

VW Customer Care also gave me a free service to make up for losing our half term week holiday. Much appreciated.

John Guppy

John Guppy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I called them and asked to speak to Steve he seems a very busy guy but I then emailed him regarding my question resulting in I have both in stock , made arrangement's to pop over everyone seemed very busy but still found time to fit it for me , ended up selling me a few more bits with club discount
I have called Steve several times for free advice and he has bent over backwards to help FOC
Best practice is to call ahead , if I was wanting to buy a new California I would have booked and appointment as this could take a couple of hours and they had a new one in stock two weeks ago
Well done guys for all your help

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

goody goody 2shoes
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I received a very nice phone call from SMG a week ago. My vehicle is 4 years old, it needs an MoT, an inspection, etc. etc. Informative, professional and all my possible options discussed. An appointment made for my vehicle to be collected, work done and returned. It goes in next week.

How nice. Normally it's me calling someone, "shouldn't I be having this done.... and when does that need doing ..... oh! You mean the oil should have been changed three months ago? ........."

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

goody goody 2shoes
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Merged threads

Dealer Reviews

Dealer Reviews

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Original Review from @Kevthegas

I have used the service and parts department Smg Cowfold for 9 years now with 5 x Transporters. Very good helpful service.

Kevthegas

Kevthegas

2018 204ps, Dsg 4 Motion
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
And again today, 1st service on The Beach.
Turned up at 8.10 am.
Left by 10.30 all done, and thoroughly cleaned.
Much cheaper to service a Beach than a Golf GTD that also has to be serviced every year.
Coffee went down well, just trying to convince my wife we need an Amorak that Steve kindly let me drive.
Forgot to tell him I left my glasses in the Beach :D:D.

Andy1150

Andy1150

MY2018 Starlight Blue
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Another recomendation for Steve Mann, really helpful and knowledgable when I wanted accessories - emailed originally, received a very quick response and delivery of parts - no hesitation to use again and with club discount :thumb

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

goody goody 2shoes
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Just a thank you to Jason and the Team.

Alfie went in for his first oil change and inspection yesterday. Also a couple of minor habitation issues needed attending to. He was not in the best of condition having just come home from 7 days away and driving home in the dreaded monsoon.

Picked up from my home at 8am, returned by 4pm, everything done, a few extra's such as AdBlu topped up and a battle scar removing from my n/s mirror cap, cleaned inside and out.

Excellent service and a couple of hundred quid cheaper than my Sister's BMW.

5i1ver8ack

5i1ver8ack

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Also at SMG Cowfold yesterday - how did we miss each other??

New roof hydraulic ram and motor to fix a droopy roof.

Similarly returned nice and clean. All under warranty, so no worries there.

A bit of a trek for me to get to Cowfold (from the top end of the M23). SMG do, of course, have a branch in Croydon which would have been much closer. When I rang Croydon, the guy I spoke to appeared to have no knowledge of droopy roofs in particular or even Californias in general, so I decided the trip to Cowfold was worth it. My experience over Monday/Tuesday confirmed that.

Last edited:
GrannyJen

GrannyJen

goody goody 2shoes
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Also at SMG Cowfold yesterday - how did we miss each other??

New roof hydraulic ram and motor to fix a droopy roof.
I had mine collected. They are only 20 miles from me and their delivery driver virtually passes my house when he goes to work :)

Gary&Heather

Gary&Heather

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
We need some warranty work doing on the beach that we inherited from the previous owners, the problem we have is the window blind in the sliding door makes lots of noise just don't know where to take it, as our local garage is not all that good with Cali's, we have been to Northampton in the past with our previous SE's but not keen on them either. I must admit if I could find somewhere good I would travel to have the work done and even camp why they did it if needed.

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

goody goody 2shoes
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
We need some warranty work doing on the beach that we inherited from the previous owners, the problem we have is the window blind in the sliding door makes lots of noise just don't know where to take it, as our local garage is not all that good with Cali's, we have been to Northampton in the past with our previous SE's but not keen on them either. I must admit if I could find somewhere good I would travel to have the work done and even camp why they did it if needed.
By coincidence my last van had sliding door blind problems and my current van has had windscreen blind problems. Both sorted quite efficiently and successfully by SMG.

Gary&Heather

Gary&Heather

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
By coincidence my last van had sliding door blind problems and my current van has had windscreen blind problems. Both sorted quite efficiently and successfully by SMG.
Thanks for that Granny Jen it's always good to receive advice from someone who's had work done and who is happy with the work, bit of a drive but looks like it will be well worth it thanks again.

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

goody goody 2shoes
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Thanks for that Granny Jen it's always good to receive advice from someone who's had work done and who is happy with the work, bit of a drive but looks like it will be well worth it thanks again.
Make a weekend of it :)

East Sussex is beautiful, the South Downs, the forests, the coastline, beachy head, the sleaze of Brighton, venture into West Sussex and enjoy sedate Worthing, watch out for an old tart running along the prom wearing a "Team Granny" Tee shirt ...... it all happens down here:D

blondebier

blondebier

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I popped in this morning for an oil change. (It's only a year old but wanted to change it anyway)

Great service. Staff were all polite and I was treated like a valued customer.

I was greeted by name and they were ready to take my vehicle in at the pre-booked time.

I waited while the service was done. It had a waiting area with coffee, tea and magazines.

It was only an oil change but it was done efficiently and I was back on the road in an hour.

The other SMG branches could learn a thing or two from Cowfold.

I'll certainly go back here for service number 2.

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
SMG Cowfold have always been one of the best dealerships out there for service , I just wish I still lived nearby to them.

Our Partners