Creaking seat

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I have a creaking seat ... and NO rude comments please!:shocked

It seems to be coming from the seat back, if I bounce up and down on the seat without leaning on the setback, no creak. If I push the seat back or just sit normally going over bumps the seat creaks and groans like my knees in the morning.

Any suggestions for a cure? (the setback, not my knees)

I have a creaking seat ... and NO rude comments please!:shocked

It seems to be coming from the seat back, if I bounce up and down on the seat without leaning on the setback, no creak. If I push the seat back or just sit normally going over bumps the seat creaks and groans like my knees in the morning.

Any suggestions for a cure? (the setback, not my knees)
If you change the rake of the seat back do you still get it?
If you put the seat back forward as far as it will go then spray some Silicone spray into the side pivot joints from the rear, might help.

If you change the rake of the seat back do you still get it?
If you put the seat back forward as far as it will go then spray some Silicone spray into the side pivot joints from the rear, might help.

No difference if I am lying almost prone backwards or have my nose pressed into the steering wheel.

So, seat as far forward as it goes and silicone spray into the side pivots it is ... the side pivots will be obvious?

No difference if I am lying almost prone backwards or have my nose pressed into the steering wheel.

So, seat as far forward as it goes and silicone spray into the side pivots it is ... the side pivots will be obvious?
Part 14

A2C5AA76-7A57-4426-BFD0-8FC01A728500.png

I so suspect it has something to do with the rake though as it appears when my drivers seat has been swivelled (with seat raked far forward) and often goes when I repeat the process some time in the future, although this time my seat is on it's fifth swivel and still creaks.

I get home on Monday.

I'll be home on a Monday somewhere arround noon ....

Thats a line in a great song witch i cant recall at the moment:confused:

EDIT
Totally OFF topic sorry....
IMG_1158.PNG

Hope you fix the creack !
Or simply turn radio volume up ...

I can see that there are another couple of threads regarding this issue but the problem seems to remain unresolved...

Both my front seats have an annoying creak/squeak. The Driver's seat while I'm Driving and the front passenger seat when no one is sitting on it, the squeak does go when someone is sitting on it. I have tried altering the rake and position of the seats but to no avail.

The Cali is only one year old and is coming up for it's first service when I was planning to raise the issue but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas in the meantime?

I am holding my breath.

I have tried silicon spray into the backrest joint as I largely identified the noise coming from it. That ceased to work but I have also identified the creak as going when the seat swivel is unlocked, so now I have sprayed underneath the seat aiming vaguely towards the swivel mechanism.

As yours is still in Warranty and due for a service I would suggest that you do raise it with the dealer and report back here what he says as it may not just be you that benefits :D

My seat has often been described in many forms but never creaky :shocked

My passenger seat was making a comedy squeak whilst occupied & it was some time before I got round to checking - it was the bolts holding the seat to the runners that had worked loose (physically rocking back & forth on it's mounts), so a simple 10-second fix with a socket set.

Reminded me it's always worth checking the bleedin' obvious.

what's a "socket" set? :shocked

I have an ASBO issued by friends and family prohibiting me from going anywhere near "tools" such is my capacity for destruction whenever I go near such a thing :sad

I appear to have cured my creaking seat.

I finally traced the source to somewhere around the swivel mechanism. A silicone spray, pointed vaguely underneath the seat towards the middle of the seat swivel and not a creak from a 160 mile round trip yesterday and today.

Good for you , those noises can drive you mad .....that is for those who aren't mad allready ....not suggesting anything here doh ! :D

Back