GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Ok ,,,, a typical Granny rant ...

My sister is watching Crufts ...

I just so hate seeing ponced-up, pretty-prancing, pathetically groomed dogs ......

Lovely real dogs, collies, JRT's, made to be something they are not.

Ok, I'm upset, still giving my Bella a hug, but give me a real, working, characterful bits and pieces any day.

Watch Olly. A real dog, at Crufts, but for how long are "showed JRT's" going to be left alone to be real dogs ?..........

Last edited:
I caught a bit of the flyball competition, that to me looked like dogs enjoying themselves.

I've gone off Crufts since that Alsatian won something the other year, it looked like the most deformed dog in the show with an awful hunched back.

We go to Crufts a lot, love it, but couldn’t go this year. We do agility...to Olly’s standard.

Thought the terriers this year were poor, too far from their working roots.

The best dogs in my eyes are the happy, healthy ones.

We go to Crufts a lot, love it, but couldn’t go this year. We do agility...to Olly’s standard.

Thought the terriers this year were poor, too far from their working roots.

The best dogs in my eyes are the happy, healthy ones.

I've had working breeds all my life and groaned when Borders, and now JRT's, became a registered breed.

A dog with spirit and fun and joy is worth everything. Give me Olly anytime. I had a parsons JRT, we called him Rocky, we were his third home in 12 months and poor little mutt was terrified when he arrived home for the first time. He became an icon wherever we lived, he had so much character about him, and when we had the "wake" when he went to the rainbow bridge about 200 people came and raised loads of money for the rescue centre that he came from.

A smile on a healthy dog is everything.