Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cruise control - retrofitting

Azteccamper

Azteccamper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi All
Just been quoted £416 (inc VAT) to have cruise control fitted to my 2012 Cali from local VW Dealer. Is this something that other garages would do or best to go straight with Dealer? Didn't expect it to be that much tbh.
Az

If it needs a new control box (BCM?) then that can add a lot to the cost, so if it includes a new box then not a bad price but if your original control box supports cruise control then it sounds expensive but you will benefit from VW warranty for that item.

Have you asked any after market suppliers? http://hazzydayz.com/ for example.

Seems pricey. I had it added by the VW Dealer to my Wife's EOS for £170. That was in 2009 though. It was only a stalk plus a bit of laptop reprogramming on that model.

Seems pricey. I had it added by the VW Dealer to my Wife's EOS for £170. That was in 2009 though. It was only a stalk plus a bit of laptop reprogramming on that model.

I think prices have risen a bit since then!

Cheers Snowy55.
I had a good read of that article as the T5 Forum is great and used it a lot with my converted T5 2.5TDi van. I have all the electronic / electric bits and BCM required so I thought that it might be an added stalk and tapping a few keys on the laptop. Obviously a bit more than I thought as they must be quoting over 3 hrs labour.
Is it worth an extra £400+? It would be nice on the European motorways.

I think prices have risen a bit since then!
Put that in the above.
I think it was the same as the factory fitted price. Current Cali standard cruise option has it at £222 so that's what I'd expect from a Dealer to retrofit.

Last edited:
I had a quote for retro fit on a new T6 beach which I have on order. The dealer quoted £550 plus VAT so £660. I managed to add it to the order just before the build was confirmed and got a factory fit for just under £200 inc VAT with discount.

Back