Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Crystal Palace site closing at end of year

S

SallyW

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
We are sorry to discover the Crystal Palace Caravan Club site will be closing down on December 16th this year. It’s lease is up for renewal and Bromley council will not be renewing it. It is such a great site for visiting London. Just outside the entrance you can jump on the number 3 bus which takes you all the way to Trafalgar Square and costs £1.50. It’s brilliant for all things London. And great for Cali winter weekends. I think it is so quirky to be able to camp in London and once these places are lost, I can’t imagine them being replaced, ever. (A tip, if you are camping here and sleeping up top, it’s worth having earplugs as there is lots of traffic noise,)

Although with the changing Pollution Zones in London usage may well decrease.

If it's council, they'll be under pressure to develop or flog it off.

I live about 500 yards away and I often get campers parked on my road for the night if the site is full.
Shocking decision by the Council

So that will leave just Abbey Wood. That too will come under pressure for redevelopment being on Crossrail, Thameslink and Network Southeast.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Good tv reception at the Crystal Palace site too. :).

We are leaving the site (monday 5th March) having spent the weekend here. It's a shame because it's one of the best sites for facilities I have visited. There is nothing in the site shop as the people who run it are leaving at the end if the week and a new warden will take over. So if you intend visiting be aware that you might need to make sure you have all your bits and bobs with you. I was told that the site will close on or about the 18th December 2018. The reasons given are that Bromley council own the land and do not intend to renew the lease. Apparently the staff have not been given any more information than that. Whether the site will continue to operate beyond the closure date remains to be seen.

Back