Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cupboard Doors Stuck Together!

C

christophergeorge

VIP Member
Hello All... Another request for help. Our kitchen cupboard doors are jamming, get stuck together and can only be separated and opened with severe force. It appears that the outside runner at the top is rubbing the top of the inner door but there is no give up or down on either door... it might be that an accidental kick may have bent one of the runners. Any one had a similar experience? Our first thought was to take of the doors but that seems beyond us! Hope someone can help!

Chris

If i remember there's a stop on the inside somewhere , if this stop has come off the doors will collide and block themselves .
Have you sticked your head in there....?

Stick your head in. Put a camping mattress underneath you.
You should be able to see what is wrong. It is quite simple mechanics.
There is a repair kit to bye from vw if something is broken or bent.

I replaced this in my friends Calli. He had had a set of wheels inside the car and in a turn those wheels sled right in to the door which bent the mechanism (picture 1).
Look in a friends car to see how it look when everything is working (picture 2).

IMG_4320.JPG

IMG_4326.JPG

I replaced this in my friends Calli. He had had a set of wheels inside the car and in a turn those wheels sled right in to the door which bent the mechanism (picture 1).
Look in a friends car to see how it look when everything is working (picture 2).

View attachment 22624

View attachment 22623

Thanks - had another look and its clear that the mechanism on the out side door is slightly bent and rubbing on the top of the inside door.. and we can

View attachment 22624

View attachment 22623

Thanks very much for your reply Emil - we did as you suggested and after sitting in the cupboard for 20 mins found that loosening the mechanism the problems appeared fixed... will be back on the Forum if not!

Good you solved it ,
just post a picture that shows the stop on the back of the doors that i was talking about above.
If this is missing i think the doors could jam also.
It is a litlle metal hook
IMG_5505.JPG