Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Current delivery times?

S

steve and lisa

VIP Member
We are looking to change our Cali for a T6 DSG however we need to plan this so we are not without a van for too long as we plan to sell privately. Does anyone know what the rough delivery times are please?

I was quoted delivery by the end of the year a few weeks ago

Hello Steve and Lisa,

I have just joined this owners club to see if I can help anyone with product information, buying and selling. I work for a Van Centre in Droitwich this is how I have the supply bulletin from Volkswagen if your wondering.

If you were to place a factory order on a California you would be looking at build week 36 which is the end of September, however there is one thing holding production back which is the Leather Multi-function Steering Wheel. This is adding +2weeks onto the build week, with that in mind you would be looking at half way through October for it to be started. Then around 5 weeks for the build itself, then allow another 4 weeks for delivery.

This is best case scenario obviously things can change, but hopefully that helped you out. :)

California.PNG

Thank you so much @Dan Cooper that is really useful, I was expecting 8-10 months, that is much more reasonable

Hello Steve and Lisa,

I have just joined this owners club to see if I can help anyone with product information, buying and selling. I work for a Van Centre in Droitwich this is how I have the supply bulletin from Volkswagen if your wondering.

If you were to place a factory order on a California you would be looking at build week 36 which is the end of September, however there is one thing holding production back which is the Leather Multi-function Steering Wheel. This is adding +2weeks onto the build week, with that in mind you would be looking at half way through October for it to be started. Then around 5 weeks for the build itself, then allow another 4 weeks for delivery.

This is best case scenario obviously things can change, but hopefully that helped you out. :)

View attachment 24202

Dan, as you state, this is best case scenario, surely the dealers availability and quantity of orders that dealer has already received are the major factors at the point of order.

From my experience, you must always ask your preferred dealer how much availability they have. When I ordered mine, it was in production within 4 weeks and ready for collection within 12.

Hi Dan, thought I'd take a moment to say thanks for the info. I'm sure that kind of intel will be useful to people. Would be great if you can hang around and contribute.

I think we used to have a resident 'dealer' (of Cali's I might add) who made a really positive contribution...but something that we have missed in recent times.

Can't promise you'll always like what you read though

Hello @2haw
They are many different factors that come in to play when ordering. We can simply only place an order and give an estimated arrival time based on the information we are given from Volkswagen (the supply bulletin).

You are right the dealer will have a quota to order x amount of vehicles. If they have already ordered there quota they won't be able to order anything else until it refreshes which can delay your order. So yes definitely check with your dealer before placing.

@Steve39

Good Afternoon,

No problem at all, I will be on this forum for the foreseeable future to help out where I can. :)

Whenever I have any useful information or some inside knowledge I will post it up.

No problem at all, If you require any help with regards to ordering or specifications then please do get in touch and I will be more than happy to help.
Daniel.cooper@listers.co.uk
Hi Dan

Good to see a dealer join the forum :thumb

I think there are a few of us that are trying to get to the bottom of what is now standard for both the Ocean and Beach from MY18 onwards. Specifically for me are the new kitchen lights now standard (the mood lighting and in cupboards?

Hello Steve and Lisa,

View attachment 24202

A belated welcome Dan, I'm sure your inputs on many issues will be most welcome.

If it helps. We ordered on the 15 July and have a confirmed build week of the 28 August. I must say I am shocked as we were expecting a 9 month wait.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We have just ordered one a couple of weeks ago and were given a delivery date of end of October. I'll believe it however when it actually arrives in the country. I don't have much faith in any car/van main dealers.

Well I think they don't have the easiest time as they at the mercy of the factory. One tip I found useful was to get the order number from your dealer and then use the chat function on the VWCV website. Deliver is a 4/5 weeks after build I think so end of October sounds about right with some contingency built in.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Top tip - don't believe a word the dealer tells you on delivery dates and you can't go far wrong. Mine was delivered a couple of months ago and it took a week under 8 months from order to delivery. While I love the van I will never buy a VW again, it was an abysmal buying experience. My delivery week changed three times often at short notice without any information whatsoever. I complained to VW head office. While they were sympathetic there was absolutely nothing they could do about it. Theirtake on the matter was that all decisions on build weeks are made at the factory and until the van arrived in the UK, they had no control over the situation. Give VWs recent past and that most people are spending approximately ÂŁ50k, I would have expected a much better buying experience.

We are looking to change our Cali for a T6 DSG however we need to plan this so we are not without a van for too long as we plan to sell privately. Does anyone know what the rough delivery times are please?

Hi Steve & Lisa

From experience what the dealer says whilst taking your deposit and when you actually take delivery of your Cali can be two completely different things, we ended up in a situation where we were getting reasonably close to the delivery date and our delivery date suddenly vanished off the VW system ! Rumours on the forums was that the factory had switched production back to left hand drive vehicles, don't know how true this was ? Totally spoiled the whole experience with delivery taking eight months ! Sold the Cali last week, will never deal with VW again

Hi Steve & Lisa

From experience what the dealer says whilst taking your deposit and when you actually take delivery of your Cali can be two completely different things, we ended up in a situation where we were getting reasonably close to the delivery date and our delivery date suddenly vanished off the VW system ! Rumours on the forums was that the factory had switched production back to left hand drive vehicles, don't know how true this was ? Totally spoiled the whole experience with delivery taking eight months ! Sold the Cali last week, will never deal with VW again

John's experience mirrors that of mine.

Oh dear, it sound slike 3 of you have had tough times.

I'd like to offer something to contrary, ordered on 22nd May, was told to expect 5 months and then the build date came forward significantly. I am now likely delaying the van registration to have a '67 plate after 1st September.

This does not surprise me. In my working life I had a lot of dealings with BASF a very large German chemical company. The attitude to customers was you can have your order when we say so.

In my case the delivery date given by the dealer at he time of order was very close to the actual delivery date despite some confusion at the port that added a couple of weeks to the wait.

Liverpool have 9 Calis coming in for Sept delivery. No info, other than what I just had an email, lots of different colours!

Some of us had very good experiences. Ours was delivered 2 months from order, when we had been advised to expect 5-6 months. The dealership was as surprised as we were, but we were all delighted! I think we must have picked an easy spec which passed through the production line without any 'odd kit' hold ups. I do wonder why, since Calis are obviously selling like hotcakes, they don't somehow increase the production capacity for them. I would imagine they are high profit vehicles for VW and if I were running the business I think I'd want to take full advantage of the queues of people desperate to hand over their life savings and then some for a Cali!!!

I've had a really positive experience (so far). Dealer told me 4-6 months when I ordered and looking like an ETA just after Mark in Sept...so 3 months.

I've had regular updates from dealer and VWCS (who have proactively phoned me a couple of times).

Largely down to individual dealers in the end. Some are very good, some plain awful.

I also don't believe they are entirely at the mercy of the factory, as they will accept orders when they don't have any allocation, which will cause a delay.

I placed my Cali Beach order on March 20. The dealer told me first that the confirmed build week was 32 (Agoust). Then they contacted me back saying that "there was a restriction on the 2 seater bench": If I had changed my order to a 3 seater bench it would be build in June. But I couldn't do that change 'cause I need space inside the van to put my sports equipment.
Seen the above they told me that the build week is N*51 (December).
I feel that if my van was a hi-end Ocean it would be probably build earlier!
The positive side is that the car will be registered in 2018!
For information in the past I ordered an A4 (according to my specifications) and I was delivered in 6 months.

This week a dealer in Switzerland told me the current wait was 16 weeks, but today a dealer in France told me that an order placed now would probably be delivered next June!

Interestingly the French dealer said that German, Benelux and Swiss dealers had faster delivery times than other surrounding countries.