Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cushion for front seat

Yorvik

Yorvik

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
:( I have significant back issues and struggle to drive any vehicle that does not have a flat seat base (sadly my T5 does not, having a bit 'bucket' shaped base. Prior to purchase, I visited the Danbury stand at the NEC and was impressed by a small removable seat base cushion that was contoured to fit the T5 seat base and when in place, flattened the seat really well. Despite assurances at the show that I could buy one and x4 emails & telephone calls to Danbury, no response received.

Does anyone else have this problem and if so, have you identified a suitable cushion? I currently use a non-contoured cushion which is less than ideal but at least allows me to drive for >hour before losing sensation in my leg.

Any helper pointers gratefully received.......

Thanks Sapto - foam wedges work well for seat bases that slope but not contoured. I use these on some seats and 'Back Friends' on most other lounge style seats. The issue with many car seats is that the base slopes down towards the back (can be countered by a wedge) but the outer side edges are raised wrt to the base and therefore a fan wedge essentially then replicates the underlying seat contour unless sufficiently narrow to only fill the car seat's 'hollow'.

Back