Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Custom centre console

D

doktorinternet

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Good morning friends!

I wonder if you guys have made your own front seat center console for the T4?

I've seen a couple of really nice builds around the internet but I haven't found any templates to build my own. Of course I can make one myself but time isn't always something that I have to much of.

Have a nice day!

Do you mean for between the seats? Can't say I've seen such a thing, certainly not with the swivel seats...

Like this one for example, would be nice to make my own with integrated QI-charger.

4DD9F255-288F-4BAD-9E1A-7A3CA835FB00.jpeg

What do they charge for something like that?

Looks quite straight forward, i guess an MDF substructure and the 'carpeting' covering will be simply glued on. All those materials readily available.
I guess the knack will be getting it not looking too 'homemade'. Its all too easy to spoil a nice looking van with something homemade :talktothehand

Personally I'd prefer a 'plastic' or vinyl finish to be more in-keeping with the rest of the dash... I'm not sure how feasible it would be to 3D print the components (there are folks on here who dabble with 3D printing who'd be able to answer that.
For me, the unit above wouldn't fit as I've the Bearlock locking point just in front of the gearstick...