Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cycle carrier cover

Seamelody

Seamelody

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi does anyone know if VW make a cover for the T6 VW cycle carrier. If not which are the best ones for covering up to 4 bikes, we often leave two bikes on the van over night and would like to keep them dry. Some of the ones I’ve seen aren’t any good as they won’t fit the back due to the bike support arms being in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi does anyone know if VW make a cover for the T6 VW cycle carrier. If not which are the best ones for covering up to 4 bikes, we often leave two bikes on the van over night and would like to keep them dry. Some of the ones I’ve seen aren’t any good as they won’t fit the back due to the bike support arms being in the way.

If it’s not for use while driving, I would go with a flexible tarp and a couple of bungees.

I’ve never seen something designed specifically for your use.

Thanks for the suggestion, it was whilst driving and parked up TBH.

I looked at a variety of different options for this, and eventually lost interest because there didn't seem to be anything really good quality / particularly fit for purpose. General consensus somewhere else on the forum was that the Fiamma or Thule ones will flap around at motorway speeds unless strapped down with an elaborate spider's web of bungee cords, so I discounted them.

This Skinz thing looked good but I emailed their UK distributor and didn't get a reply:

The Polaris bike rug is nice and simple but only for one bike and doesn't leave much on show to clamp the rack to:

Velosock looks absolutely perfect, but is £180 and only suitable for one bike:

My normal BikeParka is great for storage off a bike rack. The 'Urban' model has 'lock-through slots' which you might be able to fudge a bike clamp arm through, but only takes handlebars up to 60cm wide (you need the 'XL' for anything wider). It's also only a solution for a single bike:

I did wonder about just buying something cheap and cutting holes in it, but I suspect any areas of compromised structural integrity would soon be blown apart at 70mph:

So sorry I don't have a solution, but hopefully this might save you time going around the houses investigating all of the candidates like I did!