Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cycling Mikey

Wow!!! She actually played the “I’m a woman “ card!!

Cant wait to see a video of when someone fills him in.

I've seen him picking on people whilst in a traffic jam looking
at their phone, he sneaks up and records them and sends it
to the police.

Who does he think he is? Needs to get a life.
And a job, if hasn't already.

He does have some balls to stand his ground.
Thing is, if she was turning left out of that junction and had a head on with another car doing the same thing , she’d squeal like a stuck pig!!

What’s been happening at Gandalf Corner, is this scenario with drivers cutting the corner and head on collisions with cyclists…
Her actions are indefensible.

Mikey is doing a great job.
Shame we don’t have a official department to handle this sort of entitled behaviour.

He’s caught lots of people doing things they shouldn’t and now makes a career out of it.

What’s been happening at Gandalf Corner, is this scenario with drivers cutting the corner and head on collisions with cyclists…
Her actions are indefensible.

Mikey is doing a great job.
Shame we don’t have a official department to handle this sort of entitled behaviour.

He’s caught lots of people doing things they shouldn’t and now makes a career out of it.

Yes her actions were indefensible. However what powers does he have to carry out these vigilanty activities? If he wants to act in such a manner then he should either join the police or go on his way.

Yes her actions were indefensible. However what powers does he have to carry out these vigilanty activities? If he wants to act in such a manner then he should either join the police or go on his way.

I think we all have a duty to up hold the law.
I wouldn’t stand by and watch my neighbours house being burgled. I would intervene.
For the great good…

Granted, Mikey takes it to an extreme. Shame he needs to do it really. Life on the road (for everyone) would be more pleasant if people drove with consideration and patience.

Cant wait to see a video of when someone fills him in.

I've seen him picking on people whilst in a traffic jam looking
at their phone, he sneaks up and records them and sends it
to the police.

Who does he think he is? Needs to get a life.
And a job, if hasn't already.
A ton or so of metal coming at you on the wrong side of the road is no fun, especially if you are on a bike. Cyclist ends up in hospital, motorist carries on their day as normal; When it happened to me I was unable to work for while but I did eventually win my case against the motorist which funded my 1st camper van.

I once watched my friends bike frame bend over the bonnet of a car that pulled out without looking. My friend ended up the road motionless and I thought he was dead. The driver seemed concerned as he calmly spoke to us, got a blanket out of the car. He then placed the blanket in the boot, jumped in the drivers seat and sped off up the road (the blanket had covered the number plate). We then had to wait for the ambulance & Police to arrive; Luckily we managed to find the guy a few months later.

I notice at 2.28 Mikey doesn't wait for the lights to go green before setting off.

Also:

Obstruction of the Highway
Section 137 of the Highways Act 1980 says that “if a person, without lawful authority or excuse, in any way wilfully obstructs the free passage along a highway he is guilty of an offence”. The penalty for this offence is a fine and not imprisonment.

So thats two offences in 2 videos so far, one day he is going to choose the wrong person & it will all end in tears.

I think we all have a duty to up hold the law.
I wouldn’t stand by and watch my neighbours house being burgled. I would intervene.
For the great good…

Granted, Mikey takes it to an extreme. Shame he needs to do it really. Life on the road (for everyone) would be more pleasant if people drove with consideration and patience.
Surely we all have a duty to obey the law whereas it's the police that are charged with upholding it. Better to call them or report the wrong doings of others rather than take direct action yourself. That's how road rage incidents escalate.

As members of public we may decide to intervene in certain crimes but that doesn't necessarily mean our intervention would be lawful or would end in the way we had intended.

With hindsight in this case vigilante Mikey would have been better off letting the woman drive through at speed ( she was not hanging around before he stopped her).

She would then have fully passed the traffic island and made the offence. No need for the grandstanding or excellent attitude from the driver. Loved the I'm a woman and you are in my space though... She clearly forgot she was the one chasing him.

Hard hat bloke. Spot on.

I notice at 2.28 Mikey doesn't wait for the lights to go green before setting off.

Also:

Obstruction of the Highway
Section 137 of the Highways Act 1980 says that “if a person, without lawful authority or excuse, in any way wilfully obstructs the free passage along a highway he is guilty of an offence”. The penalty for this offence is a fine and not imprisonment.

So thats two offences in 2 videos so far, one day he is going to choose the wrong person & it will all end in tears.

Does section 137 state it’s acceptable to drive on the wrong side of the road…?

On Saturday I was astonished to see someone drinking coffee AND watch a film on their mobile while driving. I filed a report to the police with two rather grainy photos.

e2eb6d75f13abd8ff46563080d876329.jpg

99143383ff0170f354af415449d7a459.jpg

Shame we’re not allowed to bear arms :oops:

Two wrongs don’t make a right, him standing there is also delaying traffic going in the correct direction.
I would book him and the car driver.

I’ve had a look at some of his other clips, including ones where the police turn up, and the police always seem to side with him.

All he does is prevent motorists from offending. That cannot be a bad thing.

I’ve had a look at some of his other clips, including ones where the police turn up, and the police always seem to side with him.

All he does is prevent motorists from offending. That cannot be a bad thing.
He totally ignores the cars mounting the pavement to get round, encouraged by his actions, and the cyclists on the wrong side of the road. Selective at best. Make the point and move on if he has to, send the clip to the police so they can do their job (not his) if he has to, but don’t kick the arse out it of it. And the police should know better than to publicly side with him, but after seeing them cuddle up to the insulation protesters recently then I can’t say I’m surprised.

He totally ignores the cars mounting the pavement to get round, encouraged by his actions, and the cyclists on the wrong side of the road. Selective at best. Make the point and move on if he has to, send the clip to the police so they can do their job (not his) if he has to, but don’t kick the arse out it of it. And the police should know better than to publicly side with him, but after seeing them cuddle up to the insulation protesters recently then I can’t say I’m surprised.

He doesn’t encourage any driver to drive on the pavement. But I think he reports them too as he calls out their registration plate details.

I’m ashamed to say that I don’t know if cyclists have to obey keep left and keep right signs. In nearly all cases speed limits don’t apply to cyclists, but I don’t know what other rules cyclists may lawfully disregard.

Here he is justifying his actions.

Last edited:
Two wrongs don’t make a right, him standing there is also delaying traffic going in the correct direction.
I would book him and the car driver.
Please… bit of perspective - she’s going to hit someone (at considerable speed) doing that one day, she admits to not being able to control her vehicle. The drivers going the other way will have forgotten that delay before they’re even arriving at work. You might view it differently faced with a few months off with a broken pelvis after being hit head on by a driver breaking the law.

Back