Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dab splitter on dnx525

AndrewBye

AndrewBye

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
can anyone help! I have upgraded my head unit to a dnx 525dab which is great however I purchased a used model and the dab aerial will no longer stick to glass. After a little research and buying the wrong item I purchased a splitter which is supposed to do the same job, but does not! It says antenna power needs to be on but can’t seem to change on unit. Hope someone can help as I just want to get radio working for our upcoming holiday to France

Pretty sure DAB doesn't work in France, sorry to say!

Have no idea what you mean by splitter, did you have DAB previously in your Cali?

Antenna power should be in the system menu on your DNX525DAB, it was for my DNX516DAB

If you have the wrong aerial you can buy a new one for £9.99, something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kenwood-...736615?hash=item25aa58ce27:g:zugAAOSwDNdVzefk Those guys are very reliable and cheap, if you want to double check then call them before you order.

Thanks, was hoping to get talksport in France! I have tried to turn on in menu However the function is either shaded out or just won’t switch on. Very frustrating

Pretty sure DAB doesn't work in France, sorry to say!

Have no idea what you mean by splitter, did you have DAB previously in your Cali?

Antenna power should be in the system menu on your DNX525DAB, it was for my DNX516DAB

If you have the wrong aerial you can buy a new one for £9.99, something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kenwood-...736615?hash=item25aa58ce27:g:zugAAOSwDNdVzefk Those guys are very reliable and cheap, if you want to double check then call them before you order.
Didn’t have dab previously and bought a dab aerial splitter which is supposed to negate the need for a glass mounted aerial but needs antenna power on to work supposedly.

Interesting, never knew they existed.

My guess is that the unit won't allow the setting to be switched on unless there is something it registers as connected to the aerial port, only a guess though.

The T5 has a powered aerial I believe, however the power comes from the CANBUS, rather than the aerial itself, so maybe the aerial is not being powered, though I would have assumed the unit would have dealt with that as it's made for VW.

With regards to Talksport, as I said, I don't think DAB works in France, and if it did I don't think DAB works across countries.

You can always get Talksport using Tune In app on your phone (or similar) and play it via Bluetooth to your head unit.

Ok thanks will try to do a factory conversion as would rather not have on the windscreen.

Ok thanks will try to do a factory conversion as would rather not have on the windscreen.

I thought the same for my Golf, after a day or so I never see the aerial on the windscreen, installed right they can be tucked away, especially on a Cali where the passenger side is a distance away.