Damaged bike rack arm.

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
The adjustment bolt on my 2nd bike rack arm is broken.

Does anyone know a fix? I suspect it is a fault in the locking mechanism.

The adjustment bolt on my 2nd bike rack arm is broken.

Does anyone know a fix? I suspect it is a fault in the locking mechanism.

Hi Amarillo, i wonder if it has just become detached from the internal thread (had that on a Thule roof rail once). Have you tried to re-engage it by hanging the bar vertically downwards and then turning the locking end clockwise?

Hi Amarillo, i wonder if it has just become detached from the internal thread (had that on a Thule roof rail once). Have you tried to re-engage it by hanging the bar vertically downwards and then turning the locking end clockwise?

Most likely it is something like that. I cannot get my head around how it works, but it seems highly unlikely to be a stripped thread. I’ve plied the thing with WD40 in the hope that something will reengage, and I’ll have a good play with it tomorrow.

Not sure Tom but I do remember that it is possible to 'unwind' the thread and detach it from the instruction manual. Hopefully if that is reversible it's all it is. Sorry thats not real help but it jogged my memory so fingers crossed for you.

I don’t know how it has happened, but there is a section of completely stripped thread.

cb0ef07dc0738add0105a81cbfc3a966.jpg

It could be worse: replacement arm £41.99 from the club shop.

Last edited:
Back