Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dark Blue AK62 Peterborough Hospital

beardie

beardie

Dark Blue AK62 Peterborough Hospital today. 140bhp with vw bike rack and awning. Parked next to it in our Cali for 10mins but no sign of the owners

Your number plates suggested the Cali came from Vindis in St Ives unless I was mistaken. Not my favourite place! Any views on their after sales service?

You're right, St Ives it was.

I have mixed feelings about the after-sales service. On the plus side they have always been friendly and courteous. I have had a few issues, for example 4 months on and I have yet to receive any paperwork regarding the service plan I paid for in advance, although, they have now confirmed that I am on their system. They seem to know alot about the T5 but less about the campervan aspects of the Cali. For now, I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt. What's your experience?

Andy

I named our first Cali humpy, after all Vindis' men couldn't put him back together again. He hadn't fallen off a wall either! It had a multitude of problems that they had been attempting to fix for approx 3 weeks. I went in and it was in pieces - kitchen and camper trim all out. They were trying to track down an electrical problem ! I wasn't a happy bunny. In the end I requested a swap or my money back, I took a swap that has been much better, although not perfect. Don't know if humpty (AK11 HLY) was every put back together again. Take my current Cali to the Vindis van centre in Cambridge, which although doesn't sell Cali's does have a tech that seems to know his ar*e from his elbow!
Hope your luck is better
Ian

Oh :eek:

I haven't had that experience. I did have an issue with the fridge and heater originally and they were going to get me a new fridge but it turned out that I hadn't flipped the master trip on in the back :oops:

Andy