Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dartford crossing, how to cope with this for a 10 year old Dutch diesel Cali?

M

marchugo

Hi all,

We plan to travel to England this autumn, and probably have to use the Dartford crossing (tunnel or bridge).

In the past I have researched that you could pay the crossing in advance via the internet.

Is this still the case? Or have things changed for our ten year old Dutch diesel Cali?

Further question: in 2015 I obtained a LEZ Vehicle Registration for our dirty diesel camper, from the Mayor of London.

I suppose this is not valid anymore, reading about the rules for entering London these days?

Thanks for your info.

Regards from Amsterdam.

Marc.

Hi all,

We plan to travel to England this autumn, and probably have to use the Dartford crossing (tunnel or bridge).

In the past I have researched that you could pay the crossing in advance via the internet.

Is this still the case? Or have things changed for our ten year old Dutch diesel
Google dartford crossing
The genuine website ends in .gov.uk
On there you can pay in advance & it has the menus to select country of registration and your registration number.

Unless you want to pay for the Ultra Low Emissions Zone you will need to park outside the North or South Circular Roads and take the train into central London.

I can recommend a place an hour’s drive from the Channel Tunnel where you can park, walk or take a bus to the railway station, and then be in Trafalgar Square in 20 minutes.

Hi all,

Is this still the case? Or have things changed for our ten year old Dutch diesel Cali?

Further question: in 2015 I obtained a LEZ Vehicle Registration for our dirty diesel camper, from the Mayor of London.

I suppose this is not valid anymore, reading about the rules for entering London these days?

Thanks for your info.

Regards from Amsterdam.

Marc.
You may find these links useful, the abbey wood caravan park is in area where the new Elizabeth train line starts. Does not run on Sunday but there are other trains and busses see TFL link for transport in London.

I can recommend a place an hour’s drive from the Channel Tunnel where you can park, walk or take a bus to the railway station, and then be in Trafalgar Square in 20 minutes.
Somewhere near Greenwich? :D

You may find these links useful, the abbey wood caravan park is in area where the new Elizabeth train line starts. Does not run on Sunday but there are other trains and busses see TFL link for transport in London.
Abbey Wood has gone from a poorly connected backwater of SE London to one of the best connected places in London.

It has direct trains to London Victoria 2 tph (trains per hour), it’s on the ThamesLink service, with 2 tph to Luton via London Bridge, London Blackfriars and Kings Cross St Pancras, Southeastern to Csnnon Street 2 tph and it is on CrossRail 12 tph. It has lost its direct trains to Charing Cross.

Back