Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dash Cam rear view with Bike Rack

T

TheWanderer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi, I’m soon to be collecting my T6.1 Ocean and I’m looking to get a front and rear dash cam fitted. Can anyone feed back on using the rear camera with a bike rack? Is it even worth installing a rear camera in the first place? Can you position the camera to see anything with the bike rack up or down? Any images to help visualise would be great. Also, any recommendations on dash cam/ installers in/ near Bristol would be helpful too! Cheers

Yes I would say it’s worth it. We have a bike rack and the cam just needs to be situated between 2 of the top bars when the rack is up and find an ideal spot on the rear screen when the bikes are on. Seems to work great.

Yes I would say it’s worth it. We have a bike rack and the cam just needs to be situated between 2 of the top bars when the rack is up and find an ideal spot on the rear screen when the bikes are on. Seems to work great.
Thanks for that. Can I ask what dash cam you went for? Did you have it installed or do it yourself? It sounds tricky running it through the van to the back (neatly!) cheers

We have 2 Nextbase dashcams. They are fairly basic as we have had them for a good few years but they work great. You can spend anything from £40 to hundreds if you really want. The rear cam I fitted to the 12v plug in the back of the van. Just feed it under the rubber seal round the rear door..

We have 2 Nextbase dashcams. They are fairly basic as we have had them for a good few years but they work great. You can spend anything from £40 to hundreds if you really want. The rear cam I fitted to the 12v plug in the back of the van. Just feed it under the rubber seal round the rear door..
When I say the seal round the door it’s actually the door seal on the bodywork. Not actually on the door.

When I say the seal round the door it’s actually the door seal on the bodywork. Not actually on the door.
Great, thanks.. I’ll check that out

Hi, I’m soon to be collecting my T6.1 Ocean and I’m looking to get a front and rear dash cam fitted. Can anyone feed back on using the rear camera with a bike rack? Is it even worth installing a rear camera in the first place? Can you position the camera to see anything with the bike rack up or down? Any images to help visualise would be great. Also, any recommendations on dash cam/ installers in/ near Bristol would be helpful too! Cheers
We’ve got Blackvue DR750-2CH LTE (front and rear) cameras hard wired into the van.
The wiring to the rear camera which is mounted on the rear window took the fitters a long time but it’s a very neat job. The front and rear blinds don’t obscure or interfere with the cameras. Important if using Parking Mode with the blinds shut. We used SatNav Solutions in Surbiton for supply and fit.