Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dash cam

L

Lorri

T6 204 Ocean
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Looking at buying a blackvue front/rear camera - need a Piggy back fuse holder.
Having trouble as to what size I need tho. Manual is gobble de gook.

There are two sizes available, standard blade fuse size and mini. You need to determine first where you will plug it into the fuse box to get the power and then see which piggy back size you need. Some use an ignition only live so the camera activates when the ignition is live, others use a permanent live so the camera is continually recording like a security camera so if anything happens to the vehicle whilst parked it may record evidence. I know this doesn't answer your question but it does depend upon which fuse you take the feed from. You could always buy both sizes as they aren't expensive anyway and then decide............?

There are two sizes available, standard blade fuse size and mini. You need to determine first where you will plug it into the fuse box to get the power and then see which piggy back size you need. Some use an ignition only live so the camera activates when the ignition is live, others use a permanent live so the camera is continually recording like a security camera so if anything happens to the vehicle whilst parked it may record evidence. I know this doesn't answer your question but it does depend upon which fuse you take the feed from. You could always buy both sizes as they aren't expensive anyway and then decide............?
Thank you. :thumb