Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dash Cams

I got Nextbase 412gw with hard wired kit, fitted by Halfords. Tidy job and good camera!

I have 2 x 512G dash cams bought 3 months apart and both have started to misbehave just as the warranty ran out. They have both eaten a memory card ( different brands) and when the ignition is turned off they flash on and off rapidly for 30 seconds. These are in different cars and behave the same in both, so it's not the cars that are the issue or the cars that that have broken them. It's fair to say that the turning on and off is probably what's corrupted the memory cards. In all other respects the 512g is fine, but I won't buy another one. My sons Mio has been faultless so may look at these next time.

Going to be a few months yet until I get one fitted so interesting to hear all the options in a quick changing market.
End game for me are cameras front and rear hard wired in and Thinkware F770 is currently the leader, thank you @Loz.

Mike

Buy cheap, buy twice. If you want real reliability then you have to look at what cameras commercial operations use.

If you ever become the victim of a 'Cash for crash' staged accident you'll be glad of a dashcam.

Witnessed a fatal accident once & Police used my footage to prosecute the guilty driver. He got 5 years inside.

Dashcam was provided by my Insurance & had GPS plus speed logged. Roadhawk.

Mine is an older version of the same camera. It has many of the same features and offers the same playback, etc. They are excellent quality and mine is working perfectly now having transferred it from my Golf into the Cali after 4 years, or so, of use.
The software you use on a PC to view the card is very easy to use. I have turned the recording quality down a bit to enable more to be recorded before it is overwritten. It is still good quality, but not 1080 full hd. I keep 2 memory cards, one to put in the device and the other in case some incident happens and I want to hang onto the evidence in case there is some come back. The link to Google maps makes it very easy to find particular parts of a journey, even a lengthy one. This sequence of dash cam films shows how useful they can be.