Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

dash cams

morpeth clan

morpeth clan

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
thinking about a front and rear dash cam, a linked pair recording to one card
protect the recent investment
looking at hpi check, as usual the trade price would not replace cali, so want any help in the event of a claim.
any one any views on best way to route cable to front ?
will not entrust this to a fitter as want trims in one piece and rattle free, just my fussy way, if I can do it I do

looking at hpi check, as usual the trade price would not replace cali, so want any help in the event of a claim.
will not entrust this to a fitter as want trims in one piece and rattle free, just my fussy way, if I can do it I do
The wiring loom to the rear passes up the Passenger side B pillar and along behind the trim containing the Kitchen lights and via the wardrobes.

Here’s an old thread.....

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/dash-cam-mifi-install.19864/

Mike

From rear forward to B or A pillar, is, as you would expect straightforward if the trim is off, that trim will be your biggest challenge, a trim removing wedge and an old stiff credit card will help, invest in a length of net curtain spring wire, put a very slight bend in the end you are pushing though, so you can spin it and find a route in the tricky areas. if all else fails you could route under the nearside of the van following fuel lines and then beyond to around the NS tailgate pillar and feed back in via a grommet. Good luck from a self builder. With all that California trim its going to be challenging.