Dash trash / decoration and pimping your ride

Perfectos

Perfectos

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Just for fun

How have people pimped up there dashboards, interiors and exteriors ?

Do you have fluffy dice, dangling trinkets, cuddle toy(s) or Hawaiian flower garlands, stickers, air fresheners Or other such “upgrades”

Show us some pics.

fun police need not comment

here are a couple to get the subject going

6F47E261-EAEB-45E1-96BD-A9F7E3D3710F.jpeg

ECCAEF28-CFFC-4CCB-99D5-9103AD0104DD.jpeg

29255A13-B8D6-4519-92E6-19BF42B09832.jpeg

5952C8FB-9A71-4F1D-8536-21D70112788C.jpeg

Just for fun

Do you have fluffy dice, dangling trinkets, cuddle toy(s) or Hawaiian flower garlands, stickers, air fresheners Or other such “upgrades”

Show us some pics.

View attachment 97800

View attachment 97801

View attachment 97802

View attachment 97803
Whatever floats your boat, I like your spare-safe cartoon, it is a shame that VW has regressed from your expensive upmarket dashboard in its current Cali.

@Perfectos Never heard the phrase Dash Trash before - love it! I’ve got an idea for a wobble head I’d like for our van but no joy finding it just yet.

Like this thread and the phrase 'dash trash'; here are 4 who went with us (in the new T6.1 coast) on our latest trip in France.
IMG_0839.JPG

As for lego: our trip to Legoland Denmark we made with these (dashboard T4 westy):
2 (1).jpg
For every other trip we made over 10 years with our old T4 westfalia, we put a different figure on the dashboard: either one that moved with solar energy or a bubble head.

Greetings
Calibusje

@Perfectos Never heard the phrase Dash Trash before - love it! I’ve got an idea for a wobble head I’d like for our van but no joy finding it just yet.
There are companies online that make them to order from photos. Sorry don’t have the link, nor have I purchased from them.

Just for fun

Show us some pics.

View attachment 97800

View attachment 97801

View attachment 97802

View attachment 97803
Best accessory is fr van style a rubber moulded strip that fits perfectly between the top of the dash and windscreen
Stops stuff falling down the gap small items are irretrievable

Best accessory is fr van style a rubber moulded strip that fits perfectly between the top of the dash and windscreen
I have had one fitted to the van since new & previous vans, not from VS, but same principle, as you say it stops everything falling into that crack in the universe where it is lost forever.

Ours is very old skool: flowers and a hula-dancer. Well, OK, also a cat and a murmeltier.

AA116F61-EE09-4036-8F0F-34322C8ECED7.jpeg

See #5. How popular are these hula ladies? Is the appeal thoughts of sunshine and surf?

See #5. How popular are these hula ladies? Is the appeal thoughts of sunshine and surf?
It’s pure nostalgia. Longing back to the days when VW T1 vans were the domain of hippies (flowers) and surf dudes (hula girls).
These days, since it is only us boomers (ex hippies, ex surf dudes) who can afford one, we see a flowers and hula girl renaissance.

When we got our new Beach in July, my sister in law (who has a T2) assured me that all the kool kids have a Hawaiian lei hanging from the rearview mirror. As a fully paid-up member of the fun police when it comes to any mirror or dash enhancements, I was skeptical.

So she bought us one and it’s been there ever since! 1,500 miles in, it’s growing on me :)

02958B90-71FB-4E73-84DE-0C9706DAC315.jpeg

& @Perfectos
I have a piece of cork fell in (when I still thought with some cork to counter the annoying creaking from the bottom right of the windscreen; not from terrible drinking :D).
A strip, I would also like to do something similar, do you have a picture or something of how you did it/material?

& @Perfectos
I have a piece of cork fell in (when I still thought with some cork to counter the annoying creaking from the bottom right of the windscreen; not from terrible drinking :D).
A strip, I would also like to do something similar, do you have a picture or something of how you did it/material?
Available from just campers and you just cut to length

& @Perfectos
@calibusje , see post #18 above. In front of Dnkey, you can just about see the rubber seal strip.

As capt has mentioned, available from Just Kampers and one of the best additions to the van.

Dash Trash? We might be overdoing it....

Buddy the Gorilla and a couple of Norse gnomes.... Humber Suspension Bridge in the back ground.

20220428_120652.jpg

@calibusje , see post #18 above. In front of Dnkey, you can just about see the rubber seal strip.

As capt has mentioned, available from Just Kampers and one of the best additions to the van.
& @capt kirk
Thank you, I now know what it is all about and am looking for something like this.

Back