Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dash Tray

Padraic

Padraic

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi all, I've seen some photos of Calis with a dash tray fitted. I'm just wondering if people think they are a good idea or not?
Dash Tray.jpg

We've got one fitted in our van and sadly the muppet that did it decided to screw it to the dash underneath! So if I was to ever remove it I would be left with some awful great holes in the top of the dash.

That said, I do find it useful to keep odd bits in, especially small change for motorway tolls when were traveling. The cup holders can also be useful as an extra place to store a cuppa when your camping and the seats are swivelled. Far too shallow to use whilst moving though.

Won't fit your van Pad. Earlier ones only sir.

Are you sure? The top of the dashboard in my 98 T4 is the same shape as that in my Dad's 2001 T4. The difference is lower down. The very earliest T4's pre 95, had different dash tops, but I pretty sure the tray in my 98 will happily fit Padraic's 2002 T4.

I've seen two different types for sale, one for earlier T4's and one for later versions.
Early tray.jpg Later Tray.jpg

The top picture is the same dashboard that I have in my van, the lower picture is definitely of an earlier dash.

Probably the best bet is if I take a couple of photos tomorrow and then you can see if they match the top of your dash. The lower half of my dash, all of the black area, is definitely different from yours, but I'm pretty sure the grey top is the same as yours.

Back