Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dashboard air vents - why warm?

PeterE

PeterE

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I've had my T6 Ocean since last June. When I open the dahsboard air vents, with the control in the 'Off' setting, I often seem to get warm air through, when all I want is some fresh air. This is most important on a motorway when too noisy to open windows. And I don't want to put the AC on just for that.

Does anyone else have this 'problem'? Is there a simple way to stop the warm air?
For a while I thought it was because I'd had the windscreen demister on. The 'on' light for this doesn't show when the control knob is 'off'. So, I'd turn the control knob on, then the windscreen demister setting off, then control knob off again.

But it sometimes seems to push warm air through when I've done all of that. And its not because its warm outside.

I can't bear warm air blowing at me on long drives - it makes me sleepy. And as I say, i don't want to turn on the AC just to get external fresh air.

I've had my T6 Ocean since last June. When I open the dahsboard air vents, with the control in the 'Off' setting, I often seem to get warm air through, when all I want is some fresh air. This is most important on a motorway when too noisy to open windows. And I don't want to put the AC on just for that.

Does anyone else have this 'problem'? Is there a simple way to stop the warm air?
For a while I thought it was because I'd had the windscreen demister on. The 'on' light for this doesn't show when the control knob is 'off'. So, I'd turn the control knob on, then the windscreen demister setting off, then control knob off again.

But it sometimes seems to push warm air through when I've done all of that. And its not because its warm outside.

I can't bear warm air blowing at me on long drives - it makes me sleepy. And as I say, i don't want to turn on the AC just to get external fresh air.
Have you got it set on Re-Circulation?

As far as the A/C is concerned, the more you use it the less problems you will have from the A/C.

Back