Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dashboard blower not working

J

jungliebird

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Good morning. Looking for some help and advice. The front dashboard blower has stopped working in positions 1,2 & 3, 4 is fine. I've checked all the fuses and the rear blower is working without any problems.

Grateful to the forum for any advice.

T5 California Ocean 2009

Thank you.

Usually its the resistor set for the fan motor. 1,2 and 3 go down and default is speed 4. If you look on google there is plenty of information about it. Can do it yourself as replacement resistor pack is available on its own otherwise dealer will change over the blower assembly complete rather than just the faulty resistor pack

The resistor on my T5 California 2006 has blown twice in the last 12 months. Each time the fan works only on the maximum setting. Last time it blew in the middle of winter and I've been putting off the repair because of the enormous cost. I have now bowed to the inevitable and today the Cali is in the garage having the fan motor (drawing too much current) and resistor replaced. I've been meaning to sell the Cali bike rack to help pay for this so today I can put it off no longer......................