Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Davenport Alloy thoughts .....

Seaview

Seaview

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Looking to change from my 16" standard Miyato alloys. Have been offered local or me a gently used set of Davenports with Goodyear Vector's 215/60R 17C off a T32 transporter.

From my research I believe they will be OK to run on my 2014 140 Cali, if I've got it wrong please shout!

I also noticed that a lot of Davenports come up for sale secondhand, any thoughts as to why?

Any other suggestions for available OEM alloys would be welcomed but not keen on diamond cut from previous experience?

Thx

Last edited:
I also noticed that a lot of Davenports come up for sale secondhand, any thoughts as to why?

Standard on T6 Ocean so if you what to change them the Davenports are sold on

Usually for sale due to owners going for 18" or bigger rims.
A bling thing like cars having big rims with rubber bands..

Usually for sale due to owners going for 18" or bigger rims.
A bling thing like cars having big rims with rubber bands..

So if I just want something more attractive then the Miyatos then Davenports will be fine and not change the handling too much from the 16" rim handling.

Shouldn't see any change as these have 215's fitted.
Depending on the asking price I'd personally go for a set with 235/55/17 tyres fitted. 215s should be cheaper as less demand.
You can always upgrade on replacement tyre set.
All depends on your deal.

Shouldn't see any change as these have 215's fitted.
Depending on the asking price I'd personally go for a set with 235/55/17 tyres fitted. 215s should be cheaper as less demand.
You can always upgrade on replacement tyre set.
All depends on your deal.

Can you let me know what is to be gained from having the 235/55/17 as all this tyre/wheel choice is a bit of a new area for me?

The seller is asking £550 but they been on his van for about 5 months with apparently 7 mm.

Think I have worked it out and that 215 is narrower than 235.

The seller is asking £550 but they been on his van for about 5 months with apparently 7 mm.
There are quite a few about as they are standard on some vans so I would be wanting a bit of a deal. If you miss this one there will be more if you look.
The 235 tyre is wider and looks better IMO.

You have a location problem on Courier costs being up in Aberdeenshire. That reduces your options somewhat.
Have a look on Ebay as you could get new ones for that sort of money. Search under Devonport VW or VW Transporter alloys. You will get an idea of whats about and can quote the price to get at least £50 off.
I'd do the deal at £500 provided the centres are included and fit 235's when the 215's are worn.

These have 215's and look like no delivery charge to Argos Store. need to check.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-1...ake:VW&hash=item3ae3d7e792:g:mwUAAOSwjqVZExst

Last edited:
So if I just want something more attractive then the Miyatos then Davenports will be fine and not change the handling too much from the 16" rim handling.
You get slightly less body roll as the davenports have less rubber between the alloy and the road. But you will not be disappointed. I got my davenports for the price of the tyres. Great deals out on the web....
Go for it.

You get slightly less body roll as the davenports have less rubber between the alloy and the road. But you will not be disappointed. I got my davenports for the price of the tyres. Great deals out on the web....
Go for it.

Thanks for the encouragement we are going to go for it. Out of interest where yours new?

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement we are going to go for it. Out of interest where yours new?
They were taken off a brand new van. 50 miles only. I got them for £520.00 including delivery from fleebay.

I bought brand new Davenports for mine off eBay for £550 and sold my brand new standard alloys for £425 so the upgrade cost £125. Much cheaper than the £900 odd quid option!

IMG_9108.PNG

IMG_9107.PNG

They were taken off a brand new van. 50 miles only. I got them for £520.00 including delivery from fleebay.

I need to build up the courage to buy from fleebay as I've had a couple of bad experiences in the past unfortunately. The attraction of the wheels nearer to me is that I can physically look at them and collect but flip side is that they've been used for a while.

I've got the davenport. think they look great but at risk of having the centres stolen as they just clip on

20170515_182828.jpg

I've just bought a set with delivery mileage only and they look great, really pleased with them. Husband is out right now putting copperslip on as he had a bit of a job getting one of the previous alloys off and we don't want these to get stuck.

Very nice yellow van!

Last edited: