Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DCC suspention - have anybody tryed it/ordered it?

hejh2o

hejh2o

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all

I was wondering if any one have an oppinion on the DCC suspention?

To begin with i had it on my wish list, but my dealer advisede against saying that it was not worth the money...
In Denmark you can choose between normal DCC and sport DCC.

Regards
Henrik

hi hejh20, I've ordered DCC simply because I had my previous T5 lowered with stiffened suspension and it was a much better ride. I was going to do the same but the dealer recommended the factory option as you have 3 ride options with DCC. There wasn't a big difference in cost either. I can update you first week in January when i collect the new one.
hope that helps.
cheers, Shane

You are aware that feature doesn't change the ride height even to a mm, right?
Also cost over 1k pounds here. :) I have a strong feeling for a 2 tons bulky car there will be almost no difference.

I have ordered DCC, did a bunch of research but only found comments relating to cars with it, however they were almost all overwhelmingly enthusiastic, my dealer also thought that it's more worth it on a van than a car... Probably the key point for me is that it's dynamic, which means it's constantly adapting to the road. Around 2 months left until I get mine, can't wait to try it out! !!

I have driven our (South Hereford Volkswagen) brand new demonstrator Caravelle Executive T6 2.0 204ps with Dynamic Chassis Control and I can confirm it is brilliant. You can switch from 'C' for comfort to 'S' for Sport and whilst in sport mode it stiffens up the suspension and also stiffens up the steering to stop the vehicle feeling so wallowy when cornering. In Comfort mode the vehicle is perfect for long journeys. Soft over the bumps and very forgiving.
Absolutely brilliant optional extra!!

You are aware that feature doesn't change the ride height even to a mm, right?
Also cost over 1k pounds here. :) I have a strong feeling for a 2 tons bulky car there will be almost no difference.
It comes 50mm lower than standard.

I have driven our (South Hereford Volkswagen) brand new demonstrator Caravelle Executive T6 2.0 204ps with Dynamic Chassis Control and I can confirm it is brilliant. You can switch from 'C' for comfort to 'S' for Sport and whilst in sport mode it stiffens up the suspension and also stiffens up the steering to stop the vehicle feeling so wallowy when cornering. In Comfort mode the vehicle is perfect for long journeys. Soft over the bumps and very forgiving.
Thanks good to know from someone who has driven it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the cost please? Did not state this option on my November price list

It does say DCC is available on the December brochure but not the November price list!

I didnt notice any difference and this video confirms it, VW thinks it has to do with wheel size?!

DCC described about 33mins into video. So he says couldn't tell much difference on 18" wheels but VW say you notice if with 16" wheels. So more opinions needed by the sound if it. Looking forward to views of folks on here who have ordered it.

Yes, but I would say if you need better comfort or better handling dcc is probably not doing much. If it would you would notice more on 18" than on 16". I have tested bmws with 19" and that shows a huge difference between the suspension modes.
Relying on what the dealer says is not much in my book, according to a dealer any extra equipment makes the vehicle better.

According to threads on other forums, DCC works great on cars, that's what I based my decision on. Will have to wait and see how it pans out!

The irony is you might not notice a flat tyre on such big heavy vehicle. Not just some suspension settings ))

Hi Shane, are you 100% sure on this, that's not something I've heard or read previously...?
So my dealer told me. He is a fanatic of the Cali so I tend to believe he knows his stuff.

Can anyone confirm the price of the DCC option. Can't find on the web anywhere.

Hi LewisVW
Are your Caravelle equibed with the standart DCC or the Dynamic DCC?

Thank you all for your answers :) - can't say it's helping my decision...
Yeah I can understand that! From the 2 people who've actually driven it, 1 very positive and 1 neutral/negative. I'll be happy to report when I get mine, but that's still 2 months away!

Hi LewisVW
Are your Caravelle equibed with the standart DCC or the Dynamic DCC?
There is only one type of DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control). Our Caravelle demonstrator has the feature as a factory option.

After around 6 weeks of having my van with DCC, I have to say I'm delighted with it! I change modes quite often depending on current road conditions and definitely appreciate having the choice!

It's definitely not required and I'm sure if you don't have it you won't miss it, but if you can get it without sacrificing other options I would definitely recommend it.

If you have to sacrifice something else in order to tick this box then it becomes much more subjective obviously.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back