Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dealers - seatbelt repair and wireless charging

Tarquers

Tarquers

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Random title but in to the dealer to replace the centre seatbelt on a three seat bench that had been trapped before handover and finally disintegrated while putting the seat up in the summer. Hopefully a warranty repair as it is not the greatest design. Any experience of same out there?

Second issue was to see why the head unit locks up regularly when using Apple CarPlay and wireless charging. I have to use a cable as I have the basic no nav infotainment system. Dealer told me that VW do not support wireless charging for iPhones 12 and newer, sounds like BS but thought I would ask for a second opinion here. Headunit software was updated during the visit.

Also asked about upgrading to discovery media mainly for wireless CarPlay, told that technically it may not be possible, this i know is BS! Interested to hear views on wireless charging for those that have it.

Hi there! I think the ApplePlay freeze up is frequently reported, there are other threads on this, and ours does the same but only once / month or so.

I doubt that retrofitting the media install is BS - we had the same said to us on a Golf - wiring and hardware to support is not there. No harm to ask though, each model is different.

I use this mount for wireless charging of my iPhone 12 Mini. Great handsfree solution too.

Back