Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

December open site Morthoe/Woolacombe needed

Alfiesbuddy

Alfiesbuddy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all

Merry Christmas (for those who care or celebrate !)

Huge ask but does anyone know of a site open for Xmas week as near to Morthoe/ Woolacombe way?

We’ve been on a couple of trips with the new and lovely Bertie..... I’m desperate to escape Christmas madness in our new girl

Looked on pitchup but nothing really.

A pitch with electric is my only desire

HELP :) and thankyou in advance for welcomed advice

Thanks guys I’ll take a look

Whilst I hugely respect winter closures it make finding something hard! Needle in a haystack

:)

Meoncoast we’ve booked with your suggestion of little roadway.... perfect for what we want and by one of our favourite places

Thanks all
:)

We stayed here back in September and I would just say to beware as the toilet & shower block is VERY basic and was not heated, in fact the ladies was only half built for some reason. Take welly boots too as the pitches were very muddy when we stayed.

We stayed here back in September and I would just say to beware as the toilet & shower block is VERY basic and was not heated, in fact the ladies was only half built for some reason. Take welly boots too as the pitches were very muddy when we stayed.

Thanks for the heads up.... we’re ok on very short breaks to have essential or basic .... and wellies usually packed for such occasion

It’s been relatively dry, so might be different scenario for us

Well weather update ha ha it was a full on nearly 50 mph wind and driving rain.... on late arrival we were advised to simply park up in a very small roped off plot.... it was slightly muddy to the surface after 2 days of heavy rain but the mix of soil and hardcore prevented getting sunk.

The pop top had to come down in the night due to noise and movement and to help us feel safer!

A great whitegot stuck (standard), the next morning. We called the farmer to seek if we could park upon the car park for the next evening as the plot was so noisy, we’d even forego electric hook up for sleep! He called us back and said we could but he’ll bring an extension to ensure we had hook up

The toilet was just1 disabled loo, shower and sink for 4 vans. It was very basic but did what it needed to do.

My review ....said farmer cannot control weather/ rain and resulting mud.... but his willingness to oblige was in my view above and beyond; supplying us with and extension after dragging the great white out of his poorly chosen position.

It’s out of season so I don’t imagine he pays anyone to clean lots of loos etc and 1 between 4 vans is actually a fairly decent number/ratio in comparison to high season.

I’d say price is still a bit steep for what you get but the old feller is only monopolising on the fact everyone else is closed ...... shame others don’t realise winters still a go for many and desired (in the right conditions etc)

1 st winter trip done in our new van and we’ve learnt a lot !!!

Well weather update ha ha it was a full on nearly 50 mph wind and driving rain.... on late arrival we were advised to simply park up in a very small roped off plot.... it was slightly muddy to the surface after 2 days of heavy rain but the mix of soil and hardcore prevented getting sunk.

The pop top had to come down in the night due to noise and movement and to help us feel safer!

A great whitegot stuck (standard), the next morning. We called the farmer to seek if we could park upon the car park for the next evening as the plot was so noisy, we’d even forego electric hook up for sleep! He called us back and said we could but he’ll bring an extension to ensure we had hook up

The toilet was just1 disabled loo, shower and sink for 4 vans. It was very basic but did what it needed to do.

My review ....said farmer cannot control weather/ rain and resulting mud.... but his willingness to oblige was in my view above and beyond; supplying us with and extension after dragging the great white out of his poorly chosen position.

It’s out of season so I don’t imagine he pays anyone to clean lots of loos etc and 1 between 4 vans is actually a fairly decent number/ratio in comparison to high season.

I’d say price is still a bit steep for what you get but the old feller is only monopolising on the fact everyone else is closed ...... shame others don’t realise winters still a go for many and desired (in the right conditions etc)

1 st winter trip done in our new van and we’ve learnt a lot !!!

Well done for sticking it out. It's still fun even if it is blowing a hooligan and raining too.
I've had a few nights in Snowdonia sheltering behind a big shipping container on the campsite I use. It's cheap and cheerful, but the showers are good and the local beer is cheap. I learned a lot about how to prepare for the weather and am getting better at it now. The views of the mountains are still stunning through the gaps in the weather.

thanks for the review, it is the type of site we like out of season

Each to their own I guess.... we were happy enough

For us we brought a camper for the very nature we want luxury that’s just ours and we merely want a place to park, bit of leccy (most of the time) and somewhere to wash etc