Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Decided to wait for a Grand California 680

A

applejack

We were changing to a motorhome next year and have now decided the Grand 680 is possibly for us, we had budgeted for £65-70k for our MH so I am hoping this will be within budget when the prices are released

Be great if we can get it for next summer

:bananadance2

Think if I were your in your position I'd do the same. I have a nagging feeling it will be over-priced relative to the competition, but with better internal fittings.

Going to be interesting to see where it comes out price wise.

Keep your finger crossed.

Good for you pal but beware the negative bunch will be along soon to add their comments

We were changing to a motorhome next year and have now decided the Grand 680 is possibly for us, we had budgeted for £65-70k for our MH so I am hoping this will be within budget when the prices are released

The big advantage I can see is a Full 3 yr Warranty with ONE company.

The more I see of it the more I like it. Although it is too big for us. Noticed on the California configurator there is a spot for it with "coming soon" under it.

It has really grown on me, I spent a few hours watching videos and reading reviews and nobody has a bad word to say about.

It's not for us right now but we would seriously consider it in a couple of years.

Good for you pal but beware the negative bunch will be along soon to add their comments

Why would there be negative comments , we have this special forum section about the GC and i my opinion there are many who would like to have one , if it was fitting for your purpose that is ....and fitting my garage in my case , witch is not.

Well I will give you some positive vibes as I do like it a lot and I would certainly have one when the time came to it, as you say warranty under one roof. :thumb

We too have been looking at motorhomes for the past year and also would seriously consider the Grand over a panel van conversion mainly due to the reasons above with warranty and dealer network.

Plus at the end of the day it's a Volkswagen :happy

It would certainly suit me if my lifestyle changed to where a second car was not needed and neither was the height a problem. Perhaps in three years time ....

Wouldn't work with the Really Useful boxes I've got for my (Real) Cali.

No tailgate to give you tricep exercises in cold weather.

Don't like the colour.

Interior quality should be better than most conversions, just not sure where all the space has gone, it all looks a bit cramped.
But will certainly be taking a close look when it comes out as we're looking to upsize in the next few years

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There have been some negative comments regarding the California Grand - and some good comments. Me? My plans are looking to possibly going with the Grand. We are 66 / 70 yrs of age, still skiing, but there will come a time in the not too distant future where climbing into the top box to sleep will become too difficult and a shorter trip to the loo very aluring. I would want a tow bar option to take along a 50cc Vespa as the Grand is not exactly high street parking...
My reasoning to go for a Grand instead of a motorhome? It's a VW.

Thats because Its too big and is not a California/ campervan and a fully feldged motorhome. Wonder, if they called it the VW Grand Romahome, would it still be in this forum or is it because the word California is in the name, it can therefore jump on the heritage of a real California!!?

Thats because Its too big and is not a California/ campervan and a fully feldged motorhome. Wonder, if they called it the VW Grand Romahome, would it still be in this forum or is it because the word California is in the name, it can therefore jump on the heritage of a real California!!?

Why does the Grand make some people angry? You all need to take a chill pill. I can't see a problem with the Grand being discussed on here, in fact I quite enjoy reading the posts and will continue too once people start to collect them next year.

I would much prefer to read about the Grand rather than Brexit any day !

View attachment 37341
The extra bonus with the Sven Hedin is that all of the fixtures and fittings
will be bomb proof.
You won´t need to ask questions on a forum, like where does this plastic thingy
belong.
That´s the one baby.
Out of curiosity I checked the price of the Sven Hendin. In the UK it runs about £77k so realistically the GC should be at least that for similar spec. It will sell and be appreciated by many. Will be interesting to see the final pricing of a fully specd model including 4motion.

Why does the Grand make some people angry? You all need to take a chill pill. I can't see a problem with the Grand being discussed on here, in fact I quite enjoy reading the posts and will continue too once people start to collect them next year.

Motorhomes or Brexit, no one mentioned Brexit?

No, the Grand doesnt me me angry at all. Its a beautiful machine and motorhome, and thats my point, its a motorhome.

The beauty about a California Beach/ Ocean is the fact there is no one who offers such a small factory built camper thats offers so much (excluding conversions) and this makes it so unique!

The grand is a fully fledged Motorhome and for the prices, really should be compared to other factory built motorhomes because there are dozens of company that offer some absolute beauties for a fraction of the price, with proven history, better latouts etc and therefore doesnt make a Grand 'unique' just because it has the word California in the title.

Back