Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Decision made, deposit paid, now we wait …..

Looseboy

Looseboy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
We are nearly in the Cali club….

Long time lurker/ over thinker who has finally made a decision and can’t wait but we will have to like everyone else!!!!

Decision has now been made between Beach v’s Ocean. A lot of time has passed, kids grew even more in lockdown, so this combined with the time to build it means we are opted for the Ocean.

We are really looking forward to time away with the dog and 0,1 or 2 of our 3 children.(As and when they want to join us just not all 3 at once )

We have gone with……
4Motion
Ascot Grey
Sports Styling
Diff lock
Driver assistance
Hill start/descent
Discover media pro
Safe
Wood floor
Shower
Tyre pressure monitor

This forum has been a great help in understanding options and I look forward to contributing once the vehicle arrives.

Now we wait and use the time to understand and build the list of accessories ……..

Congratulations, out of interest how long did your dealer quote you till it arrives?

Congratulations, out of interest how long did your dealer quote you till it arrives?
Thanks @Curryzz
We were advised October 2022.
Would love it to be earlier but fairly relaxed. Just glad we have made the decision and are on the wait list,

Thanks @Curryzz
We were advised October 2022.
Would love it to be earlier but fairly relaxed. Just glad we have made the decision and are on the wait list,
Yes, it’s a long wait. I ordered in June. Just interested to see if orders are coming forward or getting longer. I was quoted 10 months at the time so not much difference really

Who at the age of about 17 thought that it would be a nightmare trying
to configurate a new motor.

I would scrap the -Safe
and the tyre monitor.

Who at the age of about 17 thought that it would be a nightmare trying
to configurate a new motor.

I would scrap the -Safe
and the tyre monitor.
My order has these two options too and I’ve been wondering whether to drop them off or not. What’s your reasoning to scrap them? Just curious.

My order has these two options too and I’ve been wondering whether to drop them off or not. What’s your reasoning to scrap them? Just curious.
I have the safe option and just never used it.
On the 2019 it’s at the bottom of the cupboard so a bit inconvenient (also we try never to leave anything of value in van to be on safe side)
I have used tyre pressure monitoring and find it to be useful.

my best option was tow bar used it lots for towing trailer to the dump with rubbish ect

hope that helps :thumb

Shower was one of my only options chosen. It's a slightly expensive luxury compared to my current solution to muddy legs, boots and sandy campsites - I keep a pump-up plant sprayer in the van which does exactly the same job slightly less elegantly. It'll be nice to have though.
Other than that, I went for privacy glass (which the dealer will do for free - the factory tint isn't that dark).

Shower was one of my only options chosen. It's a slightly expensive luxury compared to my current solution to muddy legs, boots and sandy campsites - I keep a pump-up plant sprayer in the van which does exactly the same job slightly less elegantly. It'll be nice to have though.
Other than that, I went for privacy glass (which the dealer will do for free - the factory tint isn't that dark).
I had problems with the dark window tint at the Mot they said it was not homologised even in the back windows

The safe takes valuable space and I wondered what I'd use it for - will it just remain unused space?
Tyre pressure warning is standard, and your WeConnect app tells you if you have a low pressure - you just can't see individual tyre pressures. As I check my tyre pressures every time I fill up (a full tank gives me 700 miles!), I couldn't see the value.

Last edited:
I had problems with the dark window tint at the Mot they said it was not homologised even in the back windows
Spanish MOT here and they’re often ridiculously finicky for anything not homologated (failed my bike for a tinted windshield even though you’d have to be double jointed to actually look through it!) , so I’ll check that out with the dealer.

TPMS is a very cheap extra and I find it incredibly useful and reassuring to see the actual pressures in the tyres whenever I want. But I also specced the safe and have never used it, probably never will.

I have the safe option and just never used it.
On the 2019 it’s at the bottom of the cupboard so a bit inconvenient (also we try never to leave anything of value in van to be on safe side)
I have used tyre pressure monitoring and find it to be useful.

my best option was tow bar used it lots for towing trailer to the dump with rubbish ect

hope that helps :thumb
Cheers @gvick i have always thought about the tow bar so will give it some more consideration.

Cheers @gvick i have always thought about the tow bar so will give it some more consideration.

You can always buy Tow Bar prep which means all the wiring is there and it’s an easy retrofit in the future if you need it.

I’ve had the safe in 2 Cali’s. Never used it once.

To be fair the T6.1 is so well specced it is more than good enough with zero extras. Not exactly poverty spec anymore!