Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Defective handbrake button

D

Deekay

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi all, we were out in the Cali t 6.1 this weekend. I pushed the handbrake button in to lower it in order to turn the drivers seat round. Unfortunately the button pushed into the handbrake and will now not come back out of it’s hidey hole! Any ideas to entice said button back out? There doesn’t seem to be much I can do other than pushing it back and forth inside the end of the handle? Very frustrating. The button still works inside the handle so the brake can still be engaged and disengaged but button will not come back out Of the handle itself. many thanks.

Are you sure it's the button that has gone inside and not the other way around ? ie has the handbrake sleeve slid over the button when you pulled it ? a bit like a foreskin does ? . I can't think of another way to describe what I mean

:) Love the analogy, very clear now!! I see what you mean I'll check that out this morning, many thanks.

Are you sure it's the button that has gone inside and not the other way around ? ie has the handbrake sleeve slid over the button when you pulled it ? a bit like a foreskin does ? . I can't think of another way to describe what I mean
Spot on, just sorted it out as per your instructions. Simples! Thank you.

Back