Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Delay when trying to pull away.

Devaprem

Devaprem

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I've seen a lot of different threads about this topic, with discussions mentioning DSG resetting and other solutions. I though of adding to the latest thread I could find but then thought it might be easier for people to spot my post as a new thread. I had VW Wooburn Green do some minor warranty fixes recently and mentioned that I had this same problem, although had managed to adjust my driving habit to minimise the problem in most situations. He said at first that there might be a DSG update and then, after checking, found that there's an ECU update for this problem. I asked to him to do the update and it has reduced the problem significantly. I am more confident when needing to pull away quickly, which has made my already nice to drive vehicle even nicer! I don't know how vehicle build specific this update is, but it might be worth checking with your VW service centre if you're looking a for a fix to this problem. By the way, my experience with Wooburn Green was really good, the engineer was really helpful and definitely very knowledgeable.

I have just had my 2019 150ps updated. Huge difference, so much better now at pulling away both forwards and reversing

I reported that it was poor at pulling away, jerked reversing uphill backwards and sometimes held onto a gear far too long (2nd when cold, with a light throttle)

The dealer said there was a technical bulletin for this and it involved a reflash of the engine controller. I confirmed this with OBDeleven, there was a calibration update to the engine. The gearbox software was still the same version

Interesting. I was told that the delay could be fixed with a remapping, which I didn't really want to do. Hmmmmm.....

Interesting. I was told that the delay could be fixed with a remapping, which I didn't really want to do. Hmmmmm.....
Remap on mine showed up the delay & DSG gear selection being mismatched to road speed even more.
TVS DSG remap is the better option.

Remap on mine showed up the delay & DSG gear selection being mismatched to road speed even more.
TVS DSG remap is the better option.

How are you finding the TVS remap...?

How would I know if mine has been updated? My 2019 Cali Ocean had its two year/12k ‘interim service’ last November at a VW main dealer (Heritage Van Centre Bristo).Would this be done automatically?

How would I know if mine has been updated? My 2019 Cali Ocean had its two year/12k ‘interim service’ last November at a VW main dealer (Heritage Van Centre Bristo).Would this be done automatically?
I doubt it would be done unless you complain about the gearbox shifting. You could check with and Obdeleven or VCDS

Back