Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Delivery due next friday

Andy Nickson

Andy Nickson

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi everyone,

Have finally taken the plunge and ordered our new California. Due for delivery next Friday. We are very excited and already planning a trial run over to Lincolnshire next weekend.

So no doubt I'll be posting some daft newbie questions but so far looks like everyone on here is friendly and very helpful.

Andy and Alison

Hi everyone,

Have finally taken the plunge and ordered our new California. Due for delivery next Friday. We are very excited and already planning a trial run over to Lincolnshire next weekend.

So no doubt I'll be posting some daft newbie questions but so far looks like everyone on here is friendly and very helpful.

Andy and Alison
Welcome
I hope you found the forum useful in helping you make decisions.
You may have gathered there's a lot of delays between ordering and delivery, so I would be interested in knowing when you ordered.
What's the spec of your new arrival?

Hi, got luck really, we went to the dealer and got quoted 8-12 weeks delivery for a new vehicle so we were in two minds about waiting until next spring to order for delivery next summer. The dealer called me a few days later and they had a cancelled order the following day, :thumb

So he sent the spec and we snatched his arm off.

Starlight blue, manual, awning, cruise, discover sat nav, parking sensors, light an division, tow bar.

Hi, got luck really, we went to the dealer and got quoted 8-12 weeks delivery for a new vehicle so we were in two minds about waiting until next spring to order for delivery next summer. The dealer called me a few days later and they had a cancelled order the following day, :thumb

So he sent the spec and we snatched his arm off.

Starlight blue, manual, awning, cruise, discover sat nav, parking sensors, light an division, tow bar.
All sounds great, but forgive me for asking - Do the front seats swivel?
See swivelgate thread...
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/front-seats-wont-swivel-swivelgate.12613/page-4#post-135061

The seats in question are the driver and passenger seats which, if ordered as the no-cost option 'comfort seats' with height adjustment, do not swivel - something that was not in the brochure and some dealers were unaware of. Some purchasers have rejected these vehicles as it changes the concept of the California and make it unsuitable for some.

Just worth checking...

Hi good point, I will double check with the dealer. Seems crazy not to have them as standard.

Hi good point, I will double check with the dealer. Seems crazy not to have them as standard.
They are standard Andy. Issue was people picking a no cost option that did not state that as a result you would lose the swivel. Any dealer not making it clear is not being up front IMHO. Hopefully yours was and they do swivel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Picked up today with great help from Ash and Kevin at VW Vans Worcester who sorted everything while we were on holiday. All paperwork done and an extra yellow number plate and spare wheel lock bolts in the Cali. First trip tomorrow so best start reading the manual :)

Picked up today with great help from Ash and Kevin at VW Vans Worcester who sorted everything while we were on holiday. All paperwork done and an extra yellow number plate and spare wheel lock bolts in the Cali. First trip tomorrow so best start reading the manual :)
Hi Andy - firstly welcome! You may want to upgrade your spare wheel security as the VW locking bolts are not enough. The can be crimped and removed and wheels are still stolen. You should consider a sparesafe which adds a sheath to the bolt head that stops the crimping. They do have a habit of walking unless protected (plenty of forum posts on this). Enjoy your new van.

No such thing as daft questions (as an oil&gas technical workshop facilitator) - the more you ask the more we ALL learn.
Hope the maiden trip goes well.

Thanks all, pretty surprised by the desire to steal a basic steel wheel and tyre! Did a good trip out yesterday 4 hours round trip to see the in laws and what a comfy easy to use vehicle. Figured out the gas bottle and ready to start planning first proper trip.

Seems that all went pretty fast!
Now start enjoying...

Back