Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Deposit paid on demo Ocean

O

OrangeColin

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 102
Hello all, as said above really.

We should expect to take delivery around May. Really exciting times, but unfortunately our 1972 bay westy will be making way.

We're not being fair on the bay as it's left outside all year, we don't run it as much as we said we would; mainly in the cold winter months and repair bills are starting to increase.

We do take it to Europe every year; mainly Germany. And the odd UK festival.

What we're expecting from the ocean is comfort, ease and economy, although it might not look as 'cool' (matter of opinion I suppose), the concept is still the same.

Look forward to being part of the community.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

hello and:welcome guess your new van is not orange.

Ha yeah. Username is homage to the bay.

New van is candy white.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Welcome Colin :thumb

As a previous air-cooled T2 owner (splits and bays) I share your angst! Super cool they may be, but like you, the never ending repair bills and non-winter use took their toll...

You will be blown away by the Ocean, we are all crazy about ours. Cool factor isn’t quite the same, but, the comfort, heat, reliability etc etc can't be ignored!

Besides, the T6 is pretty cool in its own way, you just have to work a bit to make them individual to you!

And, like your T2, the T6 keep their value too, bonus! ;)

:welcome
My last experience of a camper van was a Bedford Dormobile (it was my Dad's) with lots of condensation, drafts, ways for midges to get in etc. and yes the Ocean may not be as cool but we are about to take delivery of one and something we discovered is the older you get the less important the "cool" factor is compared to the "Comfort" factor.:thumb:thumb

Welcome on board , share a picture of your westy...we all like those!

b6f525e2a4112b1ae3f1467019771a8a.jpg

This is at a campsite in port grimoud, across the bay to St. Tropez

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Back