Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Design change on roof fabric?

stephen watson

stephen watson

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I've just picked up my new cali ocean and the dealer pointed out that the design of the roof tent has changed to help prevent the roof fabric being caught in lowering. I haven't looked closely yet but there seem to be some semi rigid vertical panels sewn into the fabric, which fold in half inwards when the roof is lowered. I haven't seen this mentioned before and I wondered if anyone knows more? I'm a novice so don't know what the old design was like. May not need the elastic now, but having already bought some may fit it anyway.

I've just picked up my new cali ocean and the dealer pointed out that the design of the roof tent has changed to help prevent the roof fabric being caught in lowering. I haven't looked closely yet but there seem to be some semi rigid vertical panels sewn into the fabric, which fold in half inwards when the roof is lowered. I haven't seen this mentioned before and I wondered if anyone knows more? I'm a novice so don't know what the old design was like. May not need the elastic now, but having already bought some may fit it anyway.
Got those on my MY 2015 SE.

Have a T6 but we've still fitted the bungee... Do we need it? No idea, but I prefer the extra piece of mind for the small price rather than the 'what if' scenario. Still double check the outside when dropping the roof down though.

Back