Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Details and advice required please when ordering a van cover

J

Jack Slade

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi everyone,
Thank you for many helpful past posts I have eagerly digested.
I am trying to order a cover in advance for a cali and some of the details required I find confusing.
Advice would be welcome as it could prove costly to make mistakes.
Questions and answers
Air con:- Nearside / Offside or none.
I take this to mean an external unit so would put none.
Door hinges as you look at the van from the outside:-
On the left hand side or on the right hand side.
I take this to be on the right side. Confusing as on the left would mean suicide doors.
Door position:-
Offside
Fixed Awning:-
Awning Offside
Flue:-
No flue, I take this to refer to a vehicle with a gas fire chimney flue. I would expect a flue on a California but would think it will not affect the cover dimensions.
Length
16-17 foot
TV Aerial
No Aerial as they ask nearside / offside so I take this to mean the old type aerial not a compact sharks fin
Type:-
Van conversion.
I am having the vehicle lowered but think best not to mention this as the covers look a little short on the sides anyway.
Drivers door access extra but I would think necessary. Passenger door access would be nice but the price is escalating. Sliding door access would be better to add but is it easy enough to get in the drivers side and climb into the back making it not essential? It would be very close to the driver door opening and possibly difficult to make both.
Many thanks

Thank you will look at the thread to check if it answers my queries.

Right I'm off to rip out my passenger seat and install a wood burning stove.

I am not kidding , on a Belgian camperforum just recent i read a post on someone who is on the go with installing a woodburner in his campervan.......

Last edited:
Back