Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Devon & Cornwall Beach Sites

D

Davidandbev

VIP Member
Hello all, any recommendations for EHU sites within walking distance of beach, pub, and decent shower facilities in Devon and Cornwall please? Thanks D & B

Thank you … the location looks stunning.

Hello all, any recommendations for EHU sites within walking distance of beach, pub, and decent shower facilities in Devon and Cornwall please? Thanks D & B
Bayview Farm in Croyde Bay. My favourite place in the U.K.!

It looks great but sadly no dogs allowed … I should have also added dog friendly to our list.

churchtownfarm.org.uk
caravanclub.co.uk - Godrevy
gwithianfarm.co.uk

Beautiful area near Hayle.

Last edited:
Following, looking at 1st Week in June for 9days

It looks great but sadly no dogs allowed … I should have also added dog friendly to our list.
Treyarnon Bay allows dogs off-season; We took ours with no issues during May Bank holiday a few years ago:

//We are delighted to welcome your four-legged friends to the campsite outside of the main season, but we do not allow dogs in our main camping areas during the school summer holidays in July and August as our site is very busy at this time.//

Treyarnon Bay allows dogs off-season; We took ours with no issues during May Bank holiday a few years ago:

//We are delighted to welcome your four-legged friends to the campsite outside of the main season, but we do not allow dogs in our main camping areas during the school summer holidays in July and August as our site is very busy at this time.//
That’s good to know. We were looking to go off season, so that works perfectly for us. Thanks for letting us know.

Thank you … the location looks stunning.
Treyarnon would be a great base. You can access Treyarnon, Constantine and Boobys beaches on foot and the rest of the seven bays are close by. Our dog loves the beaches and the cost path. Most of the pubs and a good number of the local restaurants are dog friendly too. We walked there yesterday before lunch (with dogs) in the Cornish Arms at St Merryn (10 mins drive). If you go and want recommendations, feel free to ask!

This is a definite for sure. We like the idea of not having to drive anywhere and that pubs, restaurants and beaches are within walking distance for us and the dogs. Thanks again for all your tips.

Heligan site is v.good, and a pleasant 30 minutes walk to Mevagissey with pubs etc. Access to the Heligan Gardens shop too.
CAMC Godrevy is another good one, walk across fields to the pub.

I would endorse the other suggestions. If you like rugged north Cornwall then Upper Lynstone Caravan Park near Bude is ideal. For south coast add quirky Totnes Steamer Quay CMC Club site, the round trip ticket, bus/steam train/river Dart cruise, leaves and drops you back just outside the gates.

Thanks Hawthorn37, Ivan & Jill. We will also add your suggestions to our places to stay.

I would endorse the other suggestions. If you like rugged north Cornwall then Upper Lynstone Caravan Park near Bude is ideal. For south coast add quirky Totnes Steamer Quay CMC Club site, the round trip ticket, bus/steam train/river Dart cruise, leaves and drops you back just outside the gates.
Think Steamer Quay is closed for refurbishing at the mo. Just check.

This thread proves again there are so many places left for us to visit !!

Absolutely! We are planning to visit them all. Thanks again for everyone’s input.

From Branscombe:
Walks to Sidmouth one way and to Beer (lovely galleries) the other….return by bus.
donkey Sanctuary en route to Sidmouth…allows dogs!

Tenerife Farm Campsite (National Trust) nr Mullion in Cornwall looks nice…… haven’t stayed there but driven past a few times…… good for going to the fantastic Kynance Cove a few miles away :thumb

Last edited:
Back