Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Digital Voice Enhancement?

Spotlight Kid

Spotlight Kid

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I'm doing the very final tweaks to the options for my Ocean order before changes will delay the build and I'm looking at Digital Voice Enhancement (DVE) and wondering what it actually is and whether it would be of any use to me.

I have the Composition Media DAB+ with 6.33" touch-screen and App-Connect options but the only voice related function I require is hands-free on the phone. Will DVE improve that or is it totally unrelated?

Its an intercom like in a taxi. In hindsight i would have added it as we can't hear the kids sat way back on the bench seat.

A little more sophisticated than a straightforward intercom but essentially functions like that. Could be useful as it is indeed difficult to hear people in larger interiors like the California.

It enhances only the driver though not all people )

I was surprised at how good this was. The vehicle we test drove had it on and I wouldn't have bothered beforehand but it carried the sound really well. Not sure if it'll be a good idea to whisper to the passenger in the front anymore though...!

The kids don't need any enhancement of volume! :( Private conversations upfront might be harder but at least they will hear me when I tell them to be quiet. :)

The kids don't need any enhancement of volume! :( Private conversations upfront might be harder but at least they will hear me when I tell them to be quiet. :)
Hi Did anyone get anywhere with a retrofit kit?
Rgds

Back