Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dimensions for hole for the water filler and hook up.

Lukem

Lukem

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Evening.

A quick update, I've decided to build my own California using a complete genuine interior set and a very nicely specced caravelle. The kit comes with everything I need but I could do with the dimensions for the location of the water filler and hook up point on the left hand rear quarter of a California. Would it be possible for someone to measure the distance between the edge of the plastic surround and the rear light and the height from the crease that runs above it? Many thanks in advance.

4,5 or 6?

Good effort. This needs a full on Utube build Vlog?

Check out Project Binki, the benchmark for build vids.

Evening.

A quick update, I've decided to build my own California using a complete genuine interior set and a very nicely specced caravelle. The kit comes with everything I need but I could do with the dimensions for the location of the water filler and hook up point on the left hand rear quarter of a California. Would it be possible for someone to measure the distance between the edge of the plastic surround and the rear light and the height from the crease that runs above it? Many thanks in advance.
14”to the center of the panel from the join between the rear light cluster and the body
And 15&half inches from the gap at the top of the bumper too the center of the panel.
Mine is a t6 but I doubt theres any differences
Hope this helps

I've got a template for cutting the holes if it's any use to you as I use Cali water and 240v input fittings on my self-builds. Drop me a PM with your details and I will make a paper copy and post it to you.
I also have the part numbers if you haven't found them although I use a propriety filler cap not the VW one. Strangely VW supply the backing plate without the water tap logo coloured in blue, goodness knows why!

Rod

14”to the center of the panel from the join between the rear light cluster and the body
And 15&half inches from the gap at the top of the bumper too the center of the panel.
Mine is a t6 but I doubt theres any differences
Hope this helps
That's brilliant thank you. Just to check, you're measuring to the centre of the whole plastic panel so between the hook up and water filler? Thanks again, that will be a big help.

I've got a template for cutting the holes if it's any use to you as I use Cali water and 240v input fittings on my self-builds. Drop me a PM with your details and I will make a paper copy and post it to you.
I also have the part numbers if you haven't found them although I use a propriety filler cap not the VW one. Strangely VW supply the backing plate without the water tap logo coloured in blue, goodness knows why!

Rod
That would be brilliant! Thank you very much. I'll PM you now. Thanks again.

That's brilliant thank you. Just to check, you're measuring to the centre of the whole plastic panel so between the hook up and water filler? Thanks again, that will be a big help.
No problem buddy
Yep measuring upwards to the middle of the panel and measuring sideways to the middle of the panel
Just ignore the filling cap and electric flap treat it like a blank panel:)

Last edited:
No problem buddy
Yep measuring upwards to the middle of the panel and measuring sideways to the center of the panel
Just ignore the filling cap and electric flap treat it like a blank panel:)
measuring in a straight line :)

Rod
Hi, it won't let me send you and private message for some reason. Could you try and send me one so I can reply? Thanks.

Back