Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dimensions of Drawer Under Bench Seat

Seán Kerr

Seán Kerr

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Can anyone advise the internal dimensions of the drawer under the bench seat? I'm looking to purchase a case to store my camera lenses that will fit in it.

The drawer in my SE is approx 64cms wide, 44cms front to back and 18cms deep. This is the usable measurement as there is a awning handle that clips around to reduce the actual size.

The drawer in my SE is approx 64cms wide, 44cms front to back and 18cms deep. This is the usable measurement as there is a awning handle that clips around to reduce the actual size.
Many thanks, Simon. You are a gentleman! So a case of just under 18cm deep will allow closing of the drawer, you think?

Not sure how far the safety belt gubbins comes down. It's hard to measure that with things in the drawer and ours is full of camping stuff.
If you sleep on the lower bed you have to push the buckles down into the drawer to make the bed more comfortable, or more accurately less uncomfortable, and that might be a problem if the case was a tight fit. There are some other moving parts under the bench seat, the locking bar that lets it fold back and the one that stops it moving forward until the handle is pulled. I think I would contact your dealer to make absolutely sure, if the depth is that critical.

Not sure how far the safety belt gubbins comes down. It's hard to measure that with things in the drawer and ours is full of camping stuff.
If you sleep on the lower bed you have to push the buckles down into the drawer to make the bed more comfortable, or more accurately less uncomfortable, and that might be a problem if the case was a tight fit. There are some other moving parts under the bench seat, the locking bar that lets it fold back and the one that stops it moving forward until the handle is pulled. I think I would contact your dealer to make absolutely sure, if the depth is that critical.
Thanks again, Simon. Very helpful.

Back