Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dimensions of wind-out factory fitted awning.

cedemt

cedemt

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Anyone have the dimensions of the T6 factory fitted awing when wound out please.

Am buying rafters and I need to know the size of the awning from van to fully extended.

Thanks

not going to wind mine out again until spring if not reply by then I will measure mine

Mines parked road side out so too risky to wind out at the mo, but I just purchased the Fiamma curved rafter Pro and it would fit just about any awning as I only had to extend the rafter about 30% for ours at the weekend.

If memory serves me right, 2m by 2.6m, and the 2.6m is the length against the vehicle.

Mines parked road side out so too risky to wind out at the mo, but I just purchased the Fiamma curved rafter Pro and it would fit just about any awning as I only had to extend the rafter about 30% for ours at the weekend.

How did you find it - I have read different results. I am hoping that it would help with water pooling in heavy rain.

How did you find it - I have read different results. I am hoping that it would help with water pooling in heavy rain.
Yes it will do that but it is not strictly designed for our awning, meaning that it comes with some rubber feet that you can put on each end to wedge it in place on ours but there is a risk it will fall off one end, the answer to this is to adapt a rubber pole end like SimonB has done or as I have done today, ordered the fiamms clips to attach it properly.

We nearly had a disaster in France last year (water pooling) and have been mulling over your solution so very interested in your thoughts/conclusions. Modified rubber pad? Will look at Simons and yours at Gloucester (if you bring with you) but can you help in advance? As FF has asked where did you find the clips and which ones should be picked? Thanks for help.

The only time I’ve had water collecting on the awning was the frozen sort, snow.:thumb

Yes it will do that but it is not strictly designed for our awning, meaning that it comes with some rubber feet that you can put on each end to wedge it in place on ours but there is a risk it will fall off one end, the answer to this is to adapt a rubber pole end like SimonB has done or as I have done today, ordered the fiamms clips to attach it properly.

Great stuff, thanks mate.

I will look for SimonB’s idea.

Just set the lowest end to a couple of inches above head height. No more banged head, unless you are 6’6” then that might not work.
Thanks BM. The near disaster I referred to was even after we had set one leg a few inches lower than the other. It was a very heavy rain storm that happened very suddenly and even with this precaution we had a major pooling problem to the extent I was fearful that the awning canvas would rip under the weight of the water, worse, the arms would distort and cause the awning to be pulled away from the Cali. It was really serious.
Two lessons learnt. 1: Always wind in awning over night, 2: Be prepared to get very wet whilst protecting your Cali!! ;)

One end of the awning up, other end down stops any rain collecting.
I have always done this but not totally reliable, hence the purchase of the rafter and it's not always convenient to put it away if you have the awning room attached.

Last edited:
Where did you order the clips from?

Thanks.
https://www.caravanaccessoryshop.co.uk/product/fiamma-rafter-pole-98655-492/6944
6944.jpg

Thanks BM. The near disaster I referred to was even after we had set one leg a few inches lower than the other. It was a very heavy rain storm that happened very suddenly and even with this precaution we had a major pooling problem to the extent I was fearful that the awning canvas would rip under the weight of the water, worse, the arms would distort and cause the awning to be pulled away from the Cali. It was really serious.
Two lessons learnt. 1: Always wind in awning over night, 2: Be prepared to get very wet whilst protecting your Cali!! ;)
When our Cali was new we woke one morning to quite a lot of water sat on the awning it was enough to permanently stretch the awning material. Since then I set the support at the rear just slightly above head height and the other six inches higher water runs of faster than it can gather and we’ve had no problems. We quite often use awning sides so winding in is not an option.

When our Cali was new we woke one morning to quite a lot of water sat on the awning it was enough to permanently stretch the awning material. Since then I set the support at the rear just slightly above head height and the other six inches higher water runs of faster than it can gather and we’ve had no problems. We quite often use awning sides so winding in is not an option.
That's a point. Hadn't thought about awning sides. Always a lot to think about! Thanks for pointing that out.