Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dining in in France

M

malc

VIP Member
I have my own chef!

Monsieur Intermarche . Super U, Carrefour ,

So each day when travelling I pop into one of these markets and at the back on the right (funny but the deli counters are all in the same place) you will find the deli. There is always a great selection of meals already prepped. Beef stroganoff , local dishes, fish pie, seafood dishes, chicken casseroles, Spanish dishes, etc great. All you need is to heat avec un glas of vin et voila!!

All dishes fresh and very tasty.

Finish off with some local cheese and table wine ....

This is what camping is all about.....

malc said:
What do you do when travelling ...for an evening nosh!

As we spend most of our time in France, we buy locally usually from markets, and prepare our own meals. Or find a restaurant were the locals eat at lunch time and have the plat du jour usually a 3 course meal for about 12€

John :cool

johntowers46 said:
malc said:
What do you do when travelling ...for an evening nosh!

As we spend most of our time in France, we buy locally usually from markets, and prepare our own meals. Or find a restaurant were the locals eat at lunch time and have the plat du jour usually a 3 course meal for about 12€

John :cool

Snap! :mrgreen:

Yep find a restaurant for lunch plat du jour normally a locals dish for 12 to 15 euros then cheese and wine for supper ;)

We tend to use the deli counter pre prepped hot meals that they put in a tub for you for our last night in France the carrefour lamb navarone is exceptional with a good stick of bread and a good claret. It's sort of a tradition now. If we're overnighting in an Aire and it's wet or our last night and there's a carrefour around that's us done.

malc said:
I have my own chef!

Monsieur Intermarche . Super U, Carrefour ,

So each day when travelling I pop into one of these markets and at the back on the right (funny but the deli counters are all in the same place) you will find the deli. There is always a great selection of meals already prepped. Beef stroganoff , local dishes, fish pie, seafood dishes, chicken casseroles, Spanish dishes, etc great. All you need is to heat avec un glas of vin et voila!!

All dishes fresh and very tasty.

Finish off with some local cheese and table wine ....

This is what camping is all about.....

I believe the Spare Ribs are particularly recommended Malc. :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance.
Bob

Back