Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dipped headlight fault

bigmac77

bigmac77

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
A quick heads up, I had a warning light on the dash to say I had a bulb out so a quick inspection revealed the dipped headlight drivers side wasn’t working. The next day I take out the bulb and it looks fine, on further inspection I find the bulb holder is partially melted. I ordered a replacement and now all is fine. I nearly ordered new bulbs which would have been £20 wasted.

6FCD27C9-C286-48AF-90AE-2F06E49492D9.jpeg

Thanks for the info.
Although all my lights still working. And mine is 4 years older.

You have the H7 headlights like mine?

Yes it was the H7 bulb holder. The parts company said it was a commen fault, also on the Golf.

A quick heads up, I had a warning light on the dash to say I had a bulb out so a quick inspection revealed the dipped headlight drivers side wasn’t working. The next day I take out the bulb and it looks fine, on further inspection I find the bulb holder is partially melted. I ordered a replacement and now all is fine. I nearly ordered new bulbs which would have been £20 wasted.

View attachment 51394
Our dip went on our last trip. Upon inspection It was clear something was not well. The spade connection had melted which I have rightly or wrongly assumed to be a loose connection arcing. I’ve ordered a new connector, but thank you for the post as I didn’t check the bulb holder, just assumed it was blown. one thought - should I solder the new connector in place or crimp. Brown positive?
.FE4599AE-16A3-463C-B03D-4328B0F0FF00.jpeg

Our dip went on our last trip. Upon inspection It was clear something was not well. The spade connection had melted which I have rightly or wrongly assumed to be a loose connection arcing. I’ve ordered a new connector, but thank you for the post as I didn’t check the bulb holder, just assumed it was blown. one thought - should I solder the new connector in place or crimp. Brown positive?
.View attachment 51685
Brown is normally earth.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cheers Andy, I thought so. When I fitted the new connector I put the old lamp back in and hey presto it worked. Just shows that one should never assume