Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DIY covers for the Beach storage pods

M

Mich10wick

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
After countless searches online, gave up trying to find custom covers for our Beach side storage pods and ended up making our own. On the plus side, I've been able to replace the "joined" first two cushions with two separate parts & a bit of velcro to hold them in place - no more flipping the cushion over to access our food storage box, woo hoo! Really pleased with how they've turned out :)

67E98343-B281-43A9-81CE-9C906E7A7BEA_1_105_c.jpeg51258EA4-BA85-49AC-9E23-82311AE958A5_1_105_c.jpeg

Looks fantastic Mich10wick! I've ordered my 2-seater Beach and I'm excitedly awaiting it (moving over from a Coast which has served me well, but i want the flexibility of the bench set up.), and i was looking around for cushion covers too, and wondering if it wouldn't be more handy having that cushion not have to flip back. Good work!
I have also been looking at the Dometic CFX Fridges - which size do you have there, and how well does it fit with the gas tank behind it?

These look so great! Funnily enough I just found your post by googling for storage cushion covers for our new Beach. You could probably have a nice little business selling these ;)

Looks fantastic Mich10wick! I've ordered my 2-seater Beach and I'm excitedly awaiting it (moving over from a Coast which has served me well, but i want the flexibility of the bench set up.), and i was looking around for cushion covers too, and wondering if it wouldn't be more handy having that cushion not have to flip back. Good work!
I have also been looking at the Dometic CFX Fridges - which size do you have there, and how well does it fit with the gas tank behind it?
We made the mistake of ordering the Dometic CFX3 45 before getting the van only to find out it didn’t fit. Ended up selling it for quite a loss even.

Now we have the Dometic CFX3 25. It’s a bit snug with the rear facing pocket seat storage on the passenger chair but it is fantastic. Definitely would recommend!

If you want pictures of how it fits I’d be happy to share. Save others from making the same mistake as we did.

Yes please, some pictures would be much appreciated! I'm thinking that the fridge would either live down between the seat the and the bench, or (at other times) on the bench next to the 2-seats.

Yes please, some pictures would be much appreciated! I'm thinking that the fridge would either live down between the seat the and the bench, or (at other times) on the bench next to the 2-seats.
Hopefully these pictures help @babble
The fridge will comfortably fit next to the 2-seats in the back - although the 12V plug is on the opposite side in the boot the cable should reach, or the cable can reach the plug by the gas canister if needs be.
We tend to leave it behind the passenger seat for quick access to snacks whilst on the move.

Fridge_1.png

Fridge_5.png

Fridge_4.png

Thanks so much Mich, that really is exactly, precisely what i needed to know and see! It looks almost like it was made for the Beach. Perfect fit and clear that the 25l is the right size indeed. I'm going to order one! (you should get some commission really). Ben

Thanks for these photos, as a very new Beach owner these are very helpful! Do you strap it down at all whilst on the move?

Thanks for these photos, as a very new Beach owner these are very helpful! Do you strap it down at all whilst on the move?
No we don’t. We added felt feet to it so it doesn’t scratch the floor with micro movements. Haven’t had any issues with it moving though because we push the passenger seat back into it.

Back