Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DIY Window Bags

SandyR

SandyR

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all, has anybody thought about making window bags for a Beach. I really like the Vanessa MobilCamping and others out there, but the prices are eye watering expensive. I have modular bags for our camping clothes from when I had an Ocean. My thinking would be use some polypropylene cut to fit the windows and then Velcro on the back of my existing bags to attach to the cut sheet. Anybody done this or have ideas eg template etc ? All the best Sandy R

i did try i gave up in the end i could not finf a suitable bag or a good way of fixing it as the vanessa ones are so well made i went for them best thing i have bought

i did try i gave up in the end i could not finf a suitable bag or a good way of fixing it as the vanessa ones are so well made i went for them best thing i have bought
Thanks for that, appreciated. Think that may be what I need to do. Just wrestling with parting with my cash, as bought the boot drawer , solar panel and the Vanessa Oslo kitchen module ( ouch ! ).

Thanks for that, appreciated. Think that may be what I need to do. Just wrestling with parting with my cash, as bought the boot drawer , solar panel and the Vanessa Oslo kitchen module ( ouch ! ).
Did you get the boot drawer from the club shop? I am thinking of getting one.

Yes I did. It’s brilliant added some Velcro and Rubber stops to protect the the Back of the 3 seater bench seat. Really like it very well made.

be quick i think there are only 2 left and it might be a while before they can get anymore

Hi all, has anybody thought about making window bags for a Beach. I really like the Vanessa MobilCamping and others out there, but the prices are eye watering expensive. I have modular bags for our camping clothes from when I had an Ocean. My thinking would be use some polypropylene cut to fit the windows and then Velcro on the back of my existing bags to attach to the cut sheet. Anybody done this or have ideas eg template etc ? All the best Sandy R
Vanessa bags are expensive but great quality, they are really useful, we don’t regret paying a premium for them.

Yes I did. It’s brilliant added some Velcro and Rubber stops to protect the the Back of the 3 seater bench seat. Really like it very well made.
Hi. Does it maximize/ optimise the available space in the boot? From initial pics it didn't look like it did. Thanks

People here are always looking at Vanessa and Brandrup but there are many others who make Cali stuff. Thais (Spanish) have good quality alternatives at far better prices.
Window bags here: https://www.thaissl.fr/en/boutique/campervan-accessories/pocket-rear-window/
Lots more: https://www.thaissl.fr/en/categorie-produit/campervan-accessories/
I like the colour of these bags and the long pockets.
Not sure whether to order left or right side for the UK drivers side Cali SE.
Also they may be on lockdown as I have emailed and tried to call them.
No reply as yet :-(

Have bitten the bullet and gone for the Vanessa’s.
Your choice, your money. You could have saved over 120 euros per window bag with the Spanish ones, and you would have had aluminium heat reflecting backs as a bonus.

Is it me being stupid because for my Beach (with triple seat ) a pair of VanEssa bags €295, the Spanish ones €336

Back