Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Do many of you have your calis lowered?

M

MicA

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion

Tempted getting ours lowered when we get it in January.
It’s a 204 DSG 4 Motion.
I hear the 4 motions sit lower at the rear. Is that correct?
Would be interesting to hear your thoughts and experiences of lowered Calis.
Thanks!

It’s a 204 DSG 4 Motion.
Thanks!
Having ours lowered art vw before we pick it up,personal preference of course but I prefer the look, and our son doesn't get sickness on winding county roads triedcand tested in the past.but it's not a 4motion it's a 150 manual

4 motion stock height handles and sticks to the Road very well. I have lowered campers in the past and the ride is very bumpy. I guess it’s personal choice. I have no interest in lowering my 4 motion yes they are lower at the back so clearance with water tank would be less.

How does lowering impact on your insurance? It must be classed as a modification.

It’s a 204 DSG 4 Motion.
Thanks!

Yes can recommend highly especially for the price. Vw did mine last week before I picked it up new. Sits lower and is supposed to be firmer on the road (I’ve never owned one previously so wouldn’t know)

Rather than lower it, why don't you think about having some stronger anti-roll bars fitted? Ride is not affected but the handling is improved through less roll and pitching, so reducing any motion sickness feelings. H&R do replacements. Many of the T5/6 converters/customisers sell them.

How does lowering impact on your insurance? It must be classed as a modification.
If it is done by Vw using genuine parts you should be ok my insurance didn’t change for lowering and sidebars but beware all insurance company’s have their own set of rules.

No, I am not even considering it. I have 4MO and HD anti-rollbars. I ordered 4MO to be able to travel on rough roads and in snow, and the lower the car is the more likely it is to get stuck.

4 motion stock height handles and sticks to the Road very well. I have lowered campers in the past and the ride is very bumpy. I guess it’s personal choice. I have no interest in lowering my 4 motion yes they are lower at the back so clearance with water tank would be less.

Ride height has nothing to do with stiffness unless you changed spring/damper rates when you lowered it.

Rather than lower it, why don't you think about having some stronger anti-roll bars fitted? Ride is not affected but the handling is improved through less roll and pitching, so reducing any motion sickness feelings. H&R do replacements. Many of the T5/6 converters/customisers sell them.

I second this. I may yet lower mine but the difference between HD anti roll bars and standard setup is impressive so I’d maybe try that first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had mine lowered to stop our dog feeling sick, and it worked! Can't say I've noticed any difference in ride other than the rear mud flaps catching on curbs when parking. It's a modification though and your insurance company needs to be informed. Mine sent me a new certificate of insurance with the springs listed under modifications but they didn't charge me as the change was for doggy medical reasons :)

Back