Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Do the Beach and Ocean have the same suspension system.

Sonas

Sonas

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi Everyone
Ive been reading n this forum that some people think that the Beach has a different suspension system and is based on a VW transporter, as opposed to the Ocean being based on a Caravel. Is this true. I thought the main differences were just that the beach doesn't have the kitchen, sink and storage cupboards. Any thoughts?

Sonas

Welcome Sonas on your first post , indeed there are discussions somewhere here on the forum , but is is not the other way arround?
Beach beeing based on a Caravel
SE beeing based on the van

But don't know if it still so on the T6....
Have you asked your (or any) dealer?

Is it not the case they all start as a window van base and the assembly thereafter is component based to suit specified level of order?

Is it not the case they all start as a window van base and the assembly thereafter is component based to suit specified level of order?

Not exactly , from welding the underbody parts together on , they specify witch endproduct it will be...
One of the first things done on the production line is tag the underbody with a chip that holds ALL details on the order , from bodycolor and seattrim fabric to wheelsize . From then on every specific part on the line comes on the " just-in-time base " to the verhicle (this goes for all the T6 models build in Hannover)

One of the reasons a order moves down the line is that say you orderd 18" wheels and they are out of order your Cali will not be start to build until they now the wheels will be there by the time the verhicle passes the part of the line where wheels are assembled.

Last edited:
Welcome Sonas on your first post , indeed there are discussions somewhere here on the forum , but is is not the other way arround?
Beach beeing based on a Caravel
SE beeing based on the van

But don't know if it still so on the T6....
Have you asked your (or any) dealer?
Thanks for the welcome its nice to be here. Ive ordered a beach for 2018, so Im keen to find out as much as I can. Great forum

I just assumed the basic ride train and mechanical parts would be the same except for options, and that the difference was mainly cosmetic , different trim, optional heater, kitchen sink, etc etc. etc. Im hoping thats the case.

Hi Everyone
Ive been reading n this forum that some people think that the Beach has a different suspension system and is based on a VW transporter, as opposed to the Ocean being based on a Caravel. Is this true. I thought the main differences were just that the beach doesn't have the kitchen, sink and storage cupboards. Any thoughts?

Sonas
The only information that I can find is that the T5 Beach was based on the Multivan and the T5 SE on the Caravelle. I cannot see that that will change for the T6 version.
Mechanically they are the same but things like sound proofing and type of plastic used in the Dashboard and internal body panels varied.

The only information that I can find is that the T5 Beach was based on the Multivan and the T5 SE on the Caravelle. I cannot see that that will change for the T6 version.
Mechanically they are the same but things like sound proofing and type of plastic used in the Dashboard and internal body panels varied.
Thank you. Hopefully that is the case.

Thank you. Hopefully that is the case.
But don't forget an unloaded Beach will weigh less than an unloaded Ocean ( kitchen, gas, extra leisure battery, roof hydraulic system ) so may seem to have a harsher ride that will improve as it is loaded.

Unladen the Beach is about 200 Kgm lighter than the equivalent Ocean.

Sonas, you will love your Beach. Dont worry about build as both versions are built to same standard. Neither is inferior just designed for how vehicle is to be used. Beach suits some, Ocean suits others. And welcome:welcome

Back