Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dodgy heater?

CaliCrazy

CaliCrazy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
First weekend in the new van and having issues with heater. Sitting here now with it on setting 10 and nothing is happening? It kicked in briefly for about 10 seconds and promptly went off. Had it on setting 1 overnight and it was fine but it's chilly this morning and wanted to crank it up - moved it to 3 but nothing happened, then 6 and now 10. Had two T5s previously and heaters were amazing!! They ticked like crazy unlike this T6 one. Anyone had similar issues?

There are many things that could cause this and difrrent solutions may occure.
Have you done the search on the forum? Many treads on heater failure.
IMG_0873.PNG

Last edited:
First weekend in the new van and having issues with heater. Sitting here now with it on setting 10 and nothing is happening? It kicked in briefly for about 10 seconds and promptly went off. Had it on setting 1 overnight and it was fine but it's chilly this morning and wanted to crank it up - moved it to 3 but nothing happened, then 6 and now 10. Had two T5s previously and heaters were amazing!! They ticked like crazy unlike this T6 one. Anyone had similar issues?
1. Leisure Battery - LOW
2. Fuel level less than 1/4 tank
3. Fault.

You have a T6 despite your Avatar info stating 2012 SE. So do you have a T6 Beach or Ocean.

If a T6 Ocean then you could check the hidden Control Panel Menu for any Diagnostic Codes.

Hold R lower Button and press Control Button for 5 secs.
New menu appears. Scroll to Volkswagon and Diagnostic Codes. Take note of any codes and then Clear codes.. Switch OFF Control Panel using L Lower Button. Wait 30 secs. Switch ON and retry Heater.

Thanks for the advice folks. I switched it off and switched it back on and it seems to be ok now. If it happens again I think I'll just book it in to be checked. Yeah I have a T6 now. Need to change that avatar!

Back