Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does anyone intends to use Park4night in the near future?

C

calicalling

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct section for this post. I would like to know of anyone who is still planning a trip in the UK or even abroad despite having to quarantine for two weeks. Please only reply if you're intend to use the free version of the Park4night application on your travels.

On the continent 2 weeks quarantine seems not to be decided on... countries announce to be opening borders anyhow, some starting from June. And yes, if we're allowed to travel, I will check Park4Night as I usually do.

I posted this on another forum last evening...

Just picked this up from 'Motorhoming France' website...

Nothing definite yet but it looks as there is a chance for later in the Summer.

I've not seen anything about Airs as yet.

There is another Blog entry about Camping Car Parks and there availability for certain users...

On the continent 2 weeks quarantine seems not to be decided on... countries announce to be opening borders anyhow, some starting from June. And yes, if we're allowed to travel, I will check Park4Night as I usually do.
I have a code for the PRO version.(normally £9.99 per year I think) I'm not sure what the PRO version does but you can have it if you think you will make use of it. I don't want to put the code here. Does this forum allows us to send private messages?

Hi, would be great, no idea what the PRO does extra. Perhaps you could try and leave a message (reply) via our blog carobart.wordpress.com? Greetz, Bart

Good evening,

I used the Park4Night free version for a few month. I thought it is a very good source of information and signed up for the full version (now in the 2nd year).

What I like is to save places I am interested it, have access to a map (very useful) and gives me access to distance etc.

The information I got form the app was always good and I found a few interesting places here in Ireland. I plan to keep the full version for a while for sure.

If everything goes well we will visit England for a few days (using the app) and will be a major tool for next summers holiday trip to Scandinavia (if Covid allows it).

Happy California,
Eberhard

Hi again, if you can't manage via our blog, you can reach me on +++++ address brugseb001

apparantly we're not allowed to mention g m a i l :)

apparantly we're not allowed to mention g m a i l :)
I did sign up to your blog last night and put the details in the comment box. It took me a while to find out how the thing worked! I'll try using your email.

Used Park4Night Pro for some time, you can only use free with internet connection.
We also have it on our 2 Garmins, its available for several brands and several versions depending on size of camper or 4x4 camper.

P4N has an amazing range of park-ups and campsites around the world.

I already have a Search4Sites subscriptions — is Park4Night better/worse/the same?...

Unfortunately Park4night is the killer of beautiful places.
From the moment it is published many motorhomes arrive and the place becomes prohibited. Just read the latest comments from many places on their site: now prohibited, ... large stones block the entrance, residents asked us to leave, we were woken up by the police, etc. etc.

Unfortunately Park4night is the killer of beautiful places.
From the moment it is published many motorhomes arrive and the place becomes prohibited. Just read the latest comments from many places on their site: now prohibited, ... large stones block the entrance, residents asked us to leave, we were woken up by the police, etc. etc.
You're absolutely right, but that's modern media - P4N, S4N, Campercontact, Wildspot and some smaller ones I won't mention, those spots are not much of secret anymore, and lists have always existed. Yes, wild spots are being closed after publishing but more often because some of us lack decency and leave litter, loose septic tanks etc. Witnessed horrible things. Luckily, there are still a lot of beautiful spots out there; we often ask locals, can be surprising!

I already have a Search4Sites subscriptions — is Park4Night better/worse/the same?...
I have both and Campercontact,

P4N, has to most number of park-ups it's more basic on details and lacking many pictures, but for hardcore off grid campers it's very useful. There a lot of issues with some site being abused with push back from locals and police, with some blocked off, but its mostly in high season and mostly directed at the big whites especially from certain countries which seen to think they have a god give right to do what the hell they want, July August we are normally hiding somewhere or home so haven't had any issues, in fact unless you are following the snow birds down to the South of Spain most places are empty off season.

Campercontact, is a bit more polished but not as many sites as P4N.
Searchf4sites, has the least number of sites, but has a very good map, site detail is very good.

I think it depends what you want and where you go, we wonder all over europe but prefer the Alps/mountains from the French coast to eastern Austria, in comparison one location we often pass, Mont Cenis Lac + 2,000m in France just over the border from Italy, its 2 1/2 hrs from home.

P4N - 3 parkups, 5 wild camps,
Campercontact - 3 parkups
Searchf4sites - 1 parkup

These are all very busy in season, but off season after the snowmelt in spring and before the winter snow it's relatively quite in the evening unless a bunch of big whites turn up.

All have apps for iPad and downloads for Garmin etc

You're absolutely right, but that's modern media - P4N, S4N, Campercontact, Wildspot and some smaller ones I won't mention, those spots are not much of secret anymore, and lists have always existed. Yes, wild spots are being closed after publishing but more often because some of us lack decency and leave litter, loose septic tanks etc. Witnessed horrible things. Luckily, there are still a lot of beautiful spots out there; we often ask locals, can be surprising!

Any lovely very secret spots in southern Belgium to recommend BrugesB? I promise not to tell anyone! :)

See P4N; Hotton next to the river or behind military cemetery; parking spot Recrealle or next to the village. Not much inspiriration in these corona days :headbang

We used park4night last year in Europe and found some amazing places and some not pleasant. So sad that people ruin the environment for everyone through stupidity and ignorance. They should not be allowed a driving license let alone the privilege of owning a California! The app is great she some of the users are not so.

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct section for this post. I would like to know of anyone who is still planning a trip in the UK or even abroad despite having to quarantine for two weeks. Please only reply if you're intend to use the free version of the Park4night application on your travels.
We have been using pak4night for 3 years now and found it generally excellent. Used it in UK and Europe had very few disappointments but more than offset by some incredible spots which we return to every year. Also use French and Spanish Aires The book is worth the money and you don't really have to renew it any more than you would a map, if anyone can remember what one of those is. This year we invested in Britstops membership as we found an very good pub on Park4night near Rugby and not too far from the NEC. Not had any use out of it so far so querying my investment.

Your absolutely right. I never add anything to park4night. It just kills it because people can’t be trusted to be respectful.

Your absolutely right. I never add anything to park4night. It just kills it because people can’t be trusted to be respectful.
I wonder what will happen post lock down with many locals being twitchy about Campervans and motorhome, few places have been blocked off round here with d=fence extensions and gates.
Not sure I'd want to wild camp for sometime, there was always some friction anyway related the abuse of sites mentioned so landowner's may camp down.
Not to mention how the new laws relating to encampments (2 Campervans would now be an encampment )and how that maybe used to restrict wild camping.
I suspect it will stay on campsites only for a while at least until things calm down

I wonder what will happen post lock down with many locals being twitchy about Campervans and motorhome, few places have been blocked off round here with d=fence extensions and gates.
Not sure I'd want to wild camp for sometime, there was always some friction anyway related the abuse of sites mentioned so landowner's may camp down.
Not to mention how the new laws relating to encampments (2 Campervans would now be an encampment )and how that maybe used to restrict wild camping.
I suspect it will stay on campsites only for a while at least until things calm down
Tell me about it. Those of us who live in our vans have been through hell. Moved on, abused, but my house is rented out so I have nowhere to go.

I don't think there's a public understanding about that, all Campervans are on holiday.
My cali has signs say I am local incase of any issues while out shopping in the town.

Sounds like for a while there might be no communal facilities on campsites anyway, ok as long as the price is reduced ! For me its just water and waste required.

Back